When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Po 4th Generation Question

caaronb

Question for all: Been looking at the Omega 4th generation PO offered by Aspire Paul and Trustywatch guy...at face value...they look like exactly the same watch-but, Trusty's is offered at $248 and Paul's is offered at $159.

Does anyone if there are any differences between the two watches? Inherently, I believe that you get what you pay for-can anyone tell me why one watch would be worth $90 more than the other?

Thanks for your input in advance.

There are no differences between the watch (not that I know). Dealers don't make the watches, they just have access to the products of certain replica factories.

Usually there are two or three different replica models from the most popular watches (Submariner, Daytonas, Seamasters, Speedmasters, etc.). Most of the time it's completely meaningless to compare "River's and Eddie's PO" because they often have access to the exact same watches...and/or offer two or three different replica models of the same watch. The fact that very few people realize is that modern MBW ETA-powered watches are usually the same as River's offerings. Most of the time. Joshua and King have very similar catalog. Probably because they use the same factory?

Why the price difference you ask? Because some people are willing to pay $90 extra for Andrew's better reputation. Paul has been trying to improve his image lately, so I might give him a shot.

Contrary what other people tell you: First choose (and study) the watch you want, then choose your dealer (as long as you choose one from the trusted ones). Don't think that all replicas from a certain dealer are excellent. They are not. But then again, none of our dealers sell really bad replicas. We have access to the best quality stuff on the planet.

Edited by By-Tor

They both are the same watch but you have to pay by moneybooker or WU if you go with paul.

I don't mind buying from paul cause my bank offers free international wire transfers. :victory:

You have to weight your options on who you want to go with though.

Here is mine from Paul

76555-31461.jpg

I have never dealt with Paul, but have dealt with Andrew on numerous occasions. To me, it is not worth the headache of setting up WU or a Moneybrokers account. By the time you add those fees, the difference is less than $90, and to me, that is not a reason to switch. Andrew (and Joshua) is excellent to deal with and it would be worth the extra money to me to know any issues would be handled in a prompt manner.

I have also dealt with another dealer (he is named in another thread of mine here) and have had problems getting him to communicate back with me and was told a little lie as to the ship date (off by a week). I hope that when that order finally arrives, there are no issues because if the current trend is any indication, it will be a long time to get them resolved.

By the way, I have Andrew's 4th Gen PO and it is an incredible piece.