When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My best strap making accomplishment to date!

rcrscom

Dude, I think it has nothing to do with self esteem... People have differences in tastes, is what it boils down to. Maybe in the world you live in, exotic hides are all black market, but in the real world, tons of exotic hides, including elephant, are traded legally and ethically. Do I agree that there is a dark side to the exotic hides trade? Absolutely! I made sure this was legally obtained before I took ownership of it. Parts of Africa are overpopulated by elephants, just as Florida is overpopulated by alligators from over conservationism (is that even a word?).

I can respect your stance and your opinions, as they are yours to have, but please don't push your beliefs on to me.

I will push my beliefs as long as i now they are right ;) In regards to this elephant or such leathers are so wrong on all moral and etical scales i now about..

It has nothing to do whit taste if you like to wear exotic leathers you are supporting a future whitout a rich wilderness that is fact but if that is whant you like to see in the future and show your grandchildren then fine be my guest i can't do much more then say its wrong i whish i coud do more..

Florida as Africa is overpopulated by humans not animals you walked into their back garden not the other way around, they as you shoud have a place to live.

I eat meat so no peta label pleas :p

Florida as Africa is overpopulated by humans not animals you walked into their back garden not the other way around, they as you shoud have a place to live.

I eat meat so no peta label pleas :p

Help me find a place to live then, as there bears and gators in my backyard. Obviously, by your point of view, they deserve my home much more than I do...

Fact of the matter is, you're not going to change my opinion, and I'm not going to change yours... if you'd like to take this to PMs, let's do it, but I did NOT post my work to start a debate.

No person has the right to force their beliefs on others, whether they are right or wrong.

As to elephant hide watch straps................. certainly NOT for me.

Reps VS endangerd animals :rolleyes:

Ok a nuff from me in this thread i have said what i think of this subject.

I'm sure cows and crocodiles are relieved....They were outraged to hear that elephants' lives were somehow more valuable. :D

I'm sure cows and crocodiles are relieved....They were outraged to hear that elephants' lives were somehow more valuable. :D

I was gonna say that!

I don't agree with using elephant for strap material however, my bald eagle strap is much more comfortable and beautiful!

!

Guest carlsbadrolex

So who is going to be an advocate for rubber trees???

I have no problem with aligator straps. As someone who lived in Florida when they first began the legal hunting of gators... I have seen just how many of these creatures roam that area of the country.

I read an article a few weeks ago that said that over 1200 nuisance calls are made per month in Dade and Broward Counties. And that 50% of those calls result in the humane killing of the animal. THATS ALOT OF STRAPS and gator steaks!

Maybe I havent done enough research, but Ive never heard of a similar situation with elephants.

Regardless of your beliefs, thoughts or concerns... the strap you made is beautiful. The quality is great!

Included in the box are stingray, ostrich, buffalo, lizard, hippo, gator, tiger shark, and elephant.

Take that, Peta!

Seriously though I think you need some more panda/baby kitten to even things out.

Edited by Corgi

Take that, Peta!

Seriously though I think you need some more panda/baby kitten to even things out.

Tell your grandchildren you did nothing to save our wilderness, trust me when people look back at our time in history people like you whit a disregard to such things as endangerd animals will be looked on as scum..I have been to many country's also Africa and seen such animals maybe that is what you need!?