When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

One more SC gator to go (Update!)

slai

Here you go.

IMG_2700.jpg

Seth mentioned I just beat 3 other people to the strap...wonder if the 3rd is an RWGer too. :)

Hey Slai...I have a good idea...Why don't the 3 of us share it?? V and I will each send you $50 and we can rotate who gets it for a week at a time. Sounds good eh?

I know my username is mjmurphy, but my real name is John Doe. I'll have to send you my post office box number when my turn comes up because...uhh...uhh...a meteor hit my mail box...and...and...and the post office can't deliver to it right now...yeah...That's what happened.

OK...nevermind. Enjoy it and post some pix of it when you get it.

Well, I am still thinking of it..

I might get a nice cleaner large scale one and not one so gnarly and boney because it has cleaner straighter stitching and less crooked holes.

We'll see :)

I just got a nice clean one a couple of weeks ago. No I want one that looks wicked and nasty.

My newest:

IMG_6067_edit_small.jpg

:lol: @ mjmurphy.

Also, where's the 104 from? That CG looks great.

It's Trusty's best. I love the CGs and the Crystal. It has nice date mag. The only thing I really hate about this watch is the seconds subdial. It isn't recessed like the gen. Instead, it has many concentric circles machined into it to give the illusion that it is recessed.

I plan on ordering DSNs 104 next week and seeing If I can combine parts of both to make one watch.

Lookie what just arrived! :D

111J in the nude. Avert your eyes!

IMG_2715.jpg

Here's a quick comparison between honey and cigar...it does look like my honey has darkened over a couple of months.

IMG_2716.jpg

Group shot!

IMG_2717.jpg

Trying to look sexy again after the unceremonious nude shot.

IMG_2719.jpg

slai and others...SC are really gorgeus straps...I love mine, it is mounted on the 027...I wanted to get two more of them but since I couldn't pay with paypal there was nothing to do... <_<

hope I can find another one on the 2nd hand market...lately I've seen a similar type and quality of straps at 'risti...and they were in the 300$ range! :o

V and mjmurphy, sorry...I'm not timesharing this baby. :p

I have to be honest with you but although the strap hide looks AMAZING I am glad I haven't bought it..

The stitching is seriously crooked on this one and especially close to the lug part where it is the most important place visually.

Of course some people don't really care but I couldn't live with it to be honest. :)

Btw. the new one you bought was 'dark brown' and not 'cigar'

post-89-1212520874_thumb.jpg

I have to be honest with you but although the strap hide looks AMAZING I am glad I haven't bought it..

The stitching is seriously crooked on this one and especially close to the lug part where it is the most important place visually.

Of course some people don't really care but I couldn't live with it to be honest. :)

Btw. the new one you bought was 'dark brown' and not 'cigar'

Yeah, the stitching is laid out around the small bony sections that are around the edge as well. Seth told me about this ahead of time. The angle of that pic makes it look worse than it is due to parallax but the crookedness is definitely there.

So you're telling me I still need to get a cigar coloured one? D'oh! :lol: