When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone own and can recommend the Tag 2006 Chrono?

cj85

Hi guys. I just ordered my first Rep from Josh, the Rolex Yachtmaster auto special. after spending the last couple of days reading through the forums I now want to get a Tag (Ive always liked Tag's more then any other watch).

I have read through various posts on numerous forums about how unreliable and hit and miss even the good Automatic Reps are, and want something to wear as an every day watch. I currently wear a real nice Titanuim Seiko and own an original Tissot, both are 100% reliable as all watches I guess in theory should be. The unreliability factor with the reps has put me off spending more then 100 bucks on and to be honest I would rather it looked and felt 100% genuine but was also 100% reliable also.

This leads me to Trusy's Jap Quartz 2006 link Chrono: http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...d190bacd8bc0144

I was wondering if anyone own this watch and can offer perhaps some photos and opinions, mini reviews etc??

Thanks in advance

What makes you think automatic reps are unreliable? I've owned over 40 reps with all kinds of automatic movements (Swiss, Asian) over the years, and I've yet to have one die on me.

About that TAG Link... it's a nice rep but it's a fantasy watch. That particular looker comes only as automatic (gen).

But then again who really knows all the TAG models, quartz or auto. If you like that one, go for it! But then again if you want to check the alternatives before your purchase, you'd better read THIS.

What makes you think automatic reps are unreliable? I've owned over 40 reps with all kinds of automatic movements (Swiss, Asian) over the years, and I've yet to have one die on me.

I have the exact same problem! Here I am trying to get an everyday watch to withstand all the knocking, yet I need it to keep time (read durable and reliable). I know that I should probably go with a automatic but I keep reading all the posts about people who have their watch lose/gain significant time over 1 day and also stop on them.

By-Tor, do you think an asian 7750 can withstand the daily abuse while still keeping accurate time? (I play tennis so i'm not sure if it is ok to leave it on my wrist while playing!)

As for my choice of watch, it is the Tag Carrera Quartz (with the rubber strap) that I'm considering.

I have the exact same problem! Here I am trying to get an everyday watch to withstand all the knocking, yet I need it to keep time (read durable and reliable). I know that I should probably go with a automatic but I keep reading all the posts about people who have their watch lose/gain significant time over 1 day and also stop on them.

By-Tor, do you think an asian 7750 can withstand the daily abuse while still keeping accurate time? (I play tennis so i'm not sure if it is ok to leave it on my wrist while playing!)

As for my choice of watch, it is the Tag Carrera Quartz (with the rubber strap) that I'm considering.

for daily beater i'd go with non-chrono reps with eta movt.(sfso,sub etc..)

i'm not even sure u can play tennis with the gen without it being broken.. but funny enough.. i saw someone (a div 1 player) that played against my brother in law in tennis, was wearing an omega seamaster professional while playing tennis.. so i'm guessing if you wear it on ur left arm and not hit with it... a7750 should survive.. to tell u the truth i wear breitling chronomat evolution as my daily beater.. and so far it's been working for nearly 6 months now.. but offcourse i've always taken it off while doing exersice (i do muaythai and brazilian jiujitsu).. and today i wondered myself if i should wear it while doing the heavy bags lol.. but if you really want to use the tag link as a daily beater.. i'm guessing go for the asian 7750(make sure its high beat).. coz at least the quality will be really close to the gen...

Thanks guy's. I Ended up going for a Tiger Woods Swiss Quartz with the Silicon strap. Should be reliable, look good and a daily wear.. all that I wanted. I never knew and it 's nice to know that automatic movements genuine or Rep are kinda fragile as I play a lot of sport at a high level etc so these arent probably good for me. I guess my Rolex Yachtmaster will be good for something.