When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Fa Jones + Decorated Back From Eddie

fkhill33

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to the release of decorated swiss 6498 version with sapphire. Personally, movt reliability is important. Asian movts have given me so much trouble already.

Apparently, Trusty will soon be having this:

UPCOMING MODELS on TRUSTY TIME:

1. PAM187 47mm Submersible Chrono - Asia 7750

2. IWC FA Jones with Swiss 6498 (New Decorated movement) - SS and Rose Gold

Hey guys,

It was me who posted the pictures on TimeZone.

I apoligize if I have offended anybody. That was not my intention. Call me what you will, but I was merely protecting gen owners from getting scammed by those who buy these replicas and sell them as genuines. It happens all of the time as you know. It won't take long for these to appear on eBay and other sites and be mis-represented. It would not surprise me to see them on TZ as well. This is a damn good rep.

I was not saying anything bad about replicas or doing anything to cause any problems here. I was simply protecting some fellow collectors on TimeZone so that they do not get screwed by scammers. That is a far worse scam in my opinion than selling an overpriced replica to someone who at least knows they are buying a replica (i.e., replicacenter). I think we all do not like to see people get scammed.

I did not (and would not) post a link to ELs photo album there. There is no point in drawing attention to any dealers IMO. I'm not sure who that person was.

I hope you understand the basis behind that, and I am sorry if I have made offence to you.

I did not (and would not) post a link to ELs photo album there. There is no point in drawing attention to any dealers IMO. I'm not sure who that person was.

unfortunately you did...

this is your post @ TZ:

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=msg...d=0#msg_1990070

if you are using firefox, right click on the first picture, and click "view image" or "property" with IE.

you see this link in the browser:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/300...S%206498/25.jpg

remove IWC%20JINES%206498/25.jpg from the browser link:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/300.../IWC%20GALLERY/

Bingo, you got into EL's album

Call me a purist,.. however, these conflict of interests that some see or try to pass off

as being part of a 'help' network is starting to get pretty pathetic.

Some choices have to be made .... we all can't straddle the line trying to be all things

to all people..

Replica enthusiasts and Replica exposers are not a team,.. but separate entities that some

would even go so far as to call opposite ends of a spectrum....

I don't go that far,.. but still refuse to go for this hype that we are in this to help those

who would get burned by scam artists... there are plenty of those who despise us who do

that job very well..

Mere possession is highly unlikely to be a crime and isn't in Japan, US, Korea or any of the jurisdictions I'm familiar with.

It is in most of Europe. I live in France and possession is a crime here, and I know it's the same in several countries nearby.

Or how about all those guys posting items for sale here with RWI written on top of the paperwork. ;):rolleyes:

That's because RWI has a policy of only allowing private sales when the seller proves the watch for sale is in his possession, so the rules are that you have to have a piece of paper with RWI and the date on it in the photo. Because RWI doesn't charge anyone to sell, it needs some way of stopping outright hit-and-run scammers.

What's funnier is people accidentally posting straps for sale on Gen forums with RWI post-its in the picture. :D

is there a gen version of this watch?

Would it really have been so hard to have checked out the IWC website before asking that question? :bleh:

Platinum = silver hands, black numerals

Steel = Blue hands. black numerals.

Rose Gold = RG hands and RG numerals

Here's the data:

Glass: sapphire, convex, antireflective

- Back: sapphire glass back

- Water-resistant: 3 bar (30 m)

- Case diameter: 43 mm

- Case height: 11.7 mm

- Weight:

Portuguese F.A. Jones in platinum with crocodile leather strap: 116 g

Portuguese F.A. Jones in 18 ct. rose gold and crocodile leather strap: 101 g

Portuguese F.A. Jones in stainless steel with crocodile leather strap: 80 g

I can cope with mineral glass - if it is flat. But, for me, a convex crystal demands synthetic sapphire.

I'll be waiting for a RG version - with sapphire. That would be so nice.

It is in most of Europe. I live in France and possession is a crime here, and I know it's the same in several countries nearby.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that the law in France and other European counties still doesn't punish mere possession -- possession with criminal intent also needs to be proven in order to successfully prosecute. I can't imagine that the French prosecutors have the resources or inclination to grab everyone with a fake rolex and try to build a case around it.

Edited by kanerich

watch looks GREAT

but no saphir glass??? :bangin:

[censored] :g:

and it is asian unitas movement

i HATE asian movements... looks very good but working bad

in last time i have 4 demaged asian unitas movement....

:yuk:

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that the law in France and other European counties still doesn't punish mere possession

Possession is illegal, but it's minor. It's the sort of thing they'd use to compound a case. Like he had some cannabis, a counterfeit rolex, etc.

Remember the tale of the Norweigian kid with the fake Rolex in Italy?

Possession is illegal, but it's minor. It's the sort of thing they'd use to compound a case. Like he had some cannabis, a counterfeit rolex, etc.

Remember the tale of the Norweigian kid with the fake Rolex in Italy?

I have no problem w/ Tom's post over at TZ. What is it about this specific rep that is going to get the replica industry shut down for good? Is god going to say, "All those 99% daytonas [censored] me off but this good IWC rep IS THE FINAL STRAW!!!!"? I might be [censored] @ Tom if I had just bought a couple of these to sell on ebay but, aside from the picture links, his reasoning makes perfect sense.

I was not saying anything bad about replicas or doing anything to cause any problems here. I was simply protecting some fellow collectors on TimeZone so that they do not get screwed by scammers. That is a far worse scam in my opinion than selling an overpriced replica to someone who at least knows they are buying a replica (i.e., replicacenter). I think we all do not like to see people get scammed.

It is very amicable of you to address this issue. Many of us would agree with your intention. Unfortunately, when I read your post, as my impression was that 'hey look at this FAKE watch looking as good as gen. Let's be careful'. There was a sentiment to ride along with gen loving, FAKE hating members of TZ. If I am mistaken about it, sorry.

Edited by dosanim

Hey guys,

It was me who posted the pictures on TimeZone.

I apoligize if I have offended anybody. That was not my intention. Call me what you will, but I was merely protecting gen owners from getting scammed by those who buy these replicas and sell them as genuines.

I applaude you for admitting up to it, it takes a lot of guts and I too apologise for my harsh words in the intital post. No hard feelings?

I was simply protecting some fellow collectors on TimeZone so that they do not get screwed by scammers. That is a far worse scam in my opinion than selling an overpriced replica to someone who at least knows they are buying a replica (i.e., replicacenter). I think we all do not like to see people get scammed.

This is where I beg to differ, and please don't take what I am going to say personally. I mean the FA Jones is a $10k+, if you are stupid enough to buy a $10k watch over ebay or the internet with out doing your research, you deserve to be scammed! I know it may sound harsh, but if someone thinks they can purchase a $10k for $500, 600, 700, 1000, 2000 or 3000 without much research, he/she probably got too much money and too little sense.

If you look through Trusty's, eddie's, josh's or anyone of our dealer's site, you'll probably find a couple hundred of reps? Does this mean someone needs to post each one of these watches at Timezone to *educate* people? Think about it dude? Sure, if someone in TZ ASKS if a particular watch is a rep or not, sure put your hand up and *educate* them.

As per Richard Tracy's post, WIS @ timezone and WIS here don't mix well. We are different people with different moral judgement. Many, if not most of us here in RWG collect both rep AND gens and we are open about it in this forum, try posting a msg in TZ and see how warm of reception you'll get.

Call me greedy or selfish, but my view is that the more underground the rep scene is, the better.

@TomBombadil - Please understand that I am not attacking you personally. ok =)

Cheers,

Edited by fkhill33

Another point I'd like to make before I shut up...

I am sure 99.9% of the people here buys/collect reps for their personal enjoyment and not with the intention of ripping people off. Those that sell reps as gen on ebay and stuff are scums and are the kind of losers that give the rep community the bad name.

I have no problem w/ Tom's post over at TZ. What is it about this specific rep that is going to get the replica industry shut down for good? Is god going to say, "All those 99% daytonas [censored] me off but this good IWC rep IS THE FINAL STRAW!!!!"? I might be [censored] @ Tom if I had just bought a couple of these to sell on ebay but, aside from the picture links, his reasoning makes perfect sense.

I agree. To me Tom's post smacked of the most obvious mixed motives -- on the surface, educating WIS's, but a healthy undercurrent of "look how good reps are getting" gloating beneath it. And IMO that's something we as rep collectors want to avoid -- tweaking gen owners' noses just to show off. With stuff like the so-called ultimate sub and 4th gen PO that are much more likely to be used to scam people, what about the FA Jones urgently requires public disclosure? It's not like the FA Jones is the kind of watch the easily-scammed "gotta have a fancy watch to impress girls" crowd is interested in anyway.

Pugwash, if you know the specific criminal code section to look up, I'd be interested in seeing exactly what it says. The legal journal article I read (prepared by a French attorney) indicated that a criminal intent was necessary to prosecute possession of counterfeits in France. I always enjoy learning a little more about the law.

This is where I beg to differ, and please don't take what I am going to say personally. I mean the FA Jones is a $10k+, if you are stupid enough to buy a $10k watch over ebay or the internet with out doing your research, you deserve to be scammed!

With all due respect ... [censored]. Nobody ever deserves to get scammed. The entire mission of this forum is to stop people getting scammed, for instance.

Pugwash, if you know the specific criminal code section to look up, I'd be interested in seeing exactly what it says.

I'll give it a go, but legal French makes my head hurt. Don't expect it soon.

Actually I thought the purpose of this forum, as far as protecting folks, related more to helping members avoid scammers within the rep world - not idiots from buying reps as gens. I have the ultimate respect for those who elect to call out scammers on Ebay but that is a personal choice - not the mission of the membership. In any case, putting a dealer's wares out on a gen forum is just silly. If you are determined to do this next time save the picture on you're computer and then post it. Posts of the sort on Timezone are never going to hurt the manufacturer but it can hurt the dealer. :thumbdown:

With all due respect ... [censored]. Nobody ever deserves to get scammed. The entire mission of this forum is to stop people getting scammed, for instance.

If you buy an expensive watch over the net, you have to do your research. I thought this was common sense?

To each his own, we are all adults here, it is a free forum, to discuss reps ( and gens)

Personally its something I would not do, but I don't & won't head up a lynch party for showing our WIS cousins , something they obviously didn't know.

So those from the rep scene were able to enlighten,....the supposedly enlightened.

Its really when these find there way to ebay and the like , with "boxes" & "papers", that the real problems occur.

As some here would know, I spend many hours each week calling out some terrible scams on ebay, with mixed , and I may say, diminishing results. ( reported 7 tonight- might knock 3) and I am only really hitting what is on ebay Oz. I would hate to try to monitor the US site.

So lets get back to judging the positives and negatives of this wonderful rep, and let the jury debate the rights or wrongs of posting on gen forums, in another place at another time.

Cos this has really gone :offtopic:

Offshore

I have no problem with Tom's intention. I report ebay scams almost everyday. But I hope he can use his own pictures next time or at least get EL's permission.

There are scammers lurking on this site. There are also members making money off ebay:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcI...amp;completed=1

$400 for an Asian Unitas 111? Ya, he called it Swiss Unitas

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=8946326425

WTF?

When I discovered this place and its dealers earlier this year, I felt I stumbled over a goldmine. As a watch addict, I am just worried that it will go away.

Every single disclosure to the legitimate watch trade is a threat to our very existence.

TELL NO ONE.

When I discovered this place and its dealers earlier this year, I felt I stumbled over a goldmine. As a watch addict, I am just worried that it will go away.

Every single disclosure to the legitimate watch trade is a threat to our very existence.

TELL NO ONE.

Don't think for a minute that this is some kind of a secret place. All the Gen forums are familiar with it. Many of their members visit us on a semi-regular basis.

Everybody who you are afraid of seeing this site, already has. And there is nothing illegal about this site.

So stop sweating it, and let those Gen fanatics continue getting frustrated, cause whatever they can do to try and stop these forums, they've already tried.

Besides, we collectively, are a pimple on the ass of the rep watch worldwide problem.