When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Very Low Prices...from Aspire..

I must admit that I am pretty impressed with the pricing of Aspire..

he's even beating Silix,.. which has been our low priced eta movement

super-champ for some time...and I have yet to get Jay to jump into

the price war ...

I'm in the hunt for a Chopard Eszeha,.. and Silix has one for $175...

76955-31337.jpg

But Aspire has one for $149.....

76955-31338.jpg

But I was wondering what the latest aka Paul experience is....

any negative feedback ?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have ordered a 3 watches from paul since the start of the new and improved crazy sale.

Here is how it went.....

First order was the 4th version of the PO. paid by western union(geeze WU is expensive)

the watch came to colorado super fast. It was packaged very nice.

The watch is very good for the money. Same watch as all the other dealers but at 100 bucks less.

Second order. Ultimate LV sub.

same situation. The best 100 buck ETA sub you can buy..period. I liked it better than my LV from Josh so I sold that one.

Third. I ordered a TT datjust as a present for someone else.

seemed to arrive before I could even check the tracking on it. :p

I was not as impressed with it. It felt sort of cheap. It was a ETA version but it was so cheap I really couldn't complain. Not that it was flawed it was just a matter of the feel of the watch is all.

(you get what you pay for)

I would say go for it. If your bank offers free international wire transfers like mine does....you can't really get any cheaper than paul.

WOW! Free international wire transfers! I'll BET that is a big exception to the general rule.

GJC

would say go for it. If your bank offers free international wire transfers like mine does....you can't really get any cheaper than paul.

I just bought a GMT Master II. Fast communication, but the tracking number wasn't good then got a second one and it wasn't a valid number. Soooo the juries out until i get the watch. this one was recommended by Joe so i hope it's OK

Wasn't there an issue with people getting watches that had 10 year old ETA prototype movements? Or was that another dealer? Someone posted a picture of the Rolex they got, and it had what appeared to be an antiquated and slightly rusted movement. As mentioned above, you get what you pay for, but sometimes you can find a great deal!

Well, Paul's killing the used watch market on the rep boards, that's for sure. I don't sell watches anyway, but now I truly can't be bothered to since to meaningfully undercut Paul I'd have to sell them at a fraction of the price I paid.

I remember the days when people were getting old movements but I don't know the outcome of all that. Hopefully it was good.

What I do know is that he has the brand new functional swan neck movement. Plus he is selling some PAMs witht this movement so cheap it should be illegal.

Yes those watches are not correct but .....sheesh.....he is selling them at less than what it costs for those movements they have inside.

I am buying one so I can put one in my so called ultimate blackseal...

I think we need to put some perspective on this 'you get what you pay for' notion

posted by people who wish to sell their used watches for close to what they over-paid.

They would mislead the group to save their own pockets.

I say if you paid more, that's your mistake, but don't attempt to palm it off on another

member.

Keep your watch, or take your loss, and learn a lesson for next time.

Most replicas, not all, but most are the same from a few manufacturers in China,

so if we can save money on the same watch that's being sold elsewhere for more,

why not do so ?

Dealer loyalty is grand in sentiment but at times a bit silly,

when a person is willing throw double the money in the lap of a dealer just for a

great e-mail exchange or funny jokes.

Post sale Service, as we all know is important, but Jay, & aka Paul, are the low price

large selection leaders, and I have yet to hear any legitimate negative reports on Jay

as a matter of fact I know Jay is Top Notch from personal experience.

Aka Paul had some trouble in the past, but it seems that it's all changed now..

his competition was King and later Jay,..and I have tried my best to get Jay & King

to stand up to Aspire and compete, but it seems they are too busy to get busy

for us, so I am beginning to lean towards Aspire, as he seems to be in it, to win it.

Rocket, Thanks for the tip I'm going for a Washington mutual account.. ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The problem is, if you know dealers, you know they often buy the cases and movements seperate. Most cases are made by the same factories, that is true. However the movements are not, dealers often drop them in. These are also sourced from a much greater variety of places seperately from the cases - they are not all coming out of the same factory or of the same quality.

This explains the movement problems with paul a while back when they were crappy and old, and that the ones in sinchan's watches are not the newest on the block, and also why some use asian over swiss.

Thus, you DO get what you pay for. A watch from our better and trusted dealer probably a better movement often with better assembly. This means no hairs, oil, or fingerprints under the crystal and a movement that will likely last a lot longer and run much smoother. Obviously, this also means better service from them - but that is a given. You don't exactly expect the flea market to fix your problem, do you? One of the more trusted dealers are much more likely to fix that, and do so promptly.

Can you get a bargain here and there from someone like paul? Sure. But, you need to think about things about what is inside the case and how long that movement will last and how it will run, as well as communications.

I sent paul a question about those new PAM movements three days ago and have yet to hear back... and this was leading up to a sale that would make him money. Choices exist for a reason.

The problem is, if you know dealers, you know they often buy the cases and movements seperate. Most cases are made by the same factories, that is true. However the movements are not, dealers often drop them in. These are also sourced from a much greater variety of places seperately from the cases - they are not all coming out of the same factory or of the same quality.

This explains the movement problems with paul a while back when they were crappy and old, and that the ones in sinchan's watches are not the newest on the block, and also why some use asian over swiss.

Thus, you DO get what you pay for. A watch from our better and trusted dealer probably a better movement often with better assembly. This means no hairs, oil, or fingerprints under the crystal and a movement that will likely last a lot longer and run much smoother. Obviously, this also means better service from them - but that is a given. You don't exactly expect the flea market to fix your problem, do you? One of the more trusted dealers are much more likely to fix that, and do so promptly.

Can you get a bargain here and there from someone like paul? Sure. But, you need to think about things about what is inside the case and how long that movement will last and how it will run, as well as communications.

I sent paul a question about those new PAM movements three days ago and have yet to hear back... and this was leading up to a sale that would make him money. Choices exist for a reason.

Hmmm,.. seems someone has a high priced used watch posted for sale.. <_<

Best Service I have had,.. way, way, over the call has been from #1. King... She actually

replaced watches without requesting a send back several times.

2nd Is Jay... he never argues.. simply apologizes and fixes the problem.

I have even seen him replace a watch from a guy on this board that had it for Five Months... :o

3rd. Andrew... You must send it back, but he will replace it, without a hitch...

As for quality.. the best have come from King and Jay...

e-mail may be slower for the mega-dealers, but that's expected as they

get bombarded, with mail... but the few day wait is more than worth the price...

When I first came into the game three years ago... I made the mistake of buying from

higher priced, small dealers, and ended up with my three of my first four watches having

the worst quality control of any watches I have had, in +90 since... and the dealer Did

Not Address or fix the problems...

Price Does NOT always equate quality or better service...Prices mostly represent

a dealer's connections, or volume buying power... so let's stop this myth in right now

for the sake of those people who may be addicted like most of us are, but may have kids to feed

or house budgets and needs that demand a higher priority than these bangles we love to play with.

You Can obtain the Same Quality Watch, for less, if you do your homework.... -_-

Hmmm,.. seems someone has a high priced used watch posted for sale.. <_<

Best Service I have had,.. way, way, over the call has been from #1. King... She actually

replaced watches without requesting a send back several times.

2nd Is Jay... he never argues.. simply apologizes and fixes the problem.

I have even seen him replace a watch from a guy on this board that had it for Five Months... :o

3rd. Andrew... You must send it back, but he will replace it, without a hitch...

As for quality.. the best have come from King and Jay...

e-mail may be slower for the mega-dealers, but that's expected as they

get bombarded, with mail... but the few day wait is more than worth the price...

When I first came into the game three years ago... I made the mistake of buying from

higher priced, small dealers, and ended up with my three of my first four watches having

the worst quality control of any watches I have had, in +90 since... and the dealer Did

Not Address or fix the problems...

Price Does NOT always equate quality or better service... let's stop this myth in right now

for the sake of those people who may be addicted like most of us are, but may have kids to feed

or house budgets and needs that demand a higher priority than these bangles we love to play with.

You Can obtain the Same Quality Watch, for less, if you do your homework.... -_-

Ah, good to see you are still swift with the ad hominem attack, as usual. Attacking the other person is a great way to win an argument while ignoring the substance of his post (differences in movement & assembly, communication, service).

That ranking seems to support the idea you get what you pay for, all three charge higher prices than aspire... though I anticipate you saying you have yet to buy anything from them (could be dread causing that). Those are all good, trusted dealers. I love Jay from Silix, buy from them all the time and can't say anything bad. They are a little cheaper than my regulars, but the communication is a little slower and don't get the new stuff as fast. Sometimes you want the price, sometimes you want the communication. Like I said, it is a trade off. TTK also has lower prices and I do know you buy from him, but didn't see him on that list? Suggests again you get what you pay for.

Obviously, like you say price does not ALWAYS equate quality or better service. Certainly true. Look at the 1K reps on some of the scam sites. Obvious. However, this doesn't mean buying from one of our trusted dealers at a little bit higher price is always a bad idea. Just because the rule isn't true 100% of the time does not mean it isn' true 90% of the time.

The fact is dealers often buy the movements and cases seperate and assemble them. You may wind up with a crap movement or bad assembly job if you buy from a flea market seller, but yes it will be the same case as everyone else. If saving a little money is worth getting a watch that breaks soon as you get it, has hair/dirt/oil/fingerprints on the dial/crystal, or that you can't get fixed, then that is buyer's perogative.

People should accept we have different dealers, and are lucky to do so. The important thing is to find a dealer that meets your needs at a price you are comfortable with, and this will vary from person to person. If someone likes vanilla, no need to convice them what they _need_ is chocolate instead, chosing a dealer is a personal decision that impacts quality, price, and service and occurs in all walks of life - a choice most adults are aware of and make many times daily. This is why all newbies are told chose your dealer, then your watch.

I don't find it necessary to respond to every line of agenda based postings...

You are going to have to fool someone to pay $225 for your watch that sells for

$149 to $175....

Bringing up the rip off artists outside of the forums is another ruse...

Lastly If you buy a Chopard from Andrew, the same one will come from El, Josh...

King or Jay...they are not sitting in their kitchens assembling their little watch kits...

Service and communication have already been addressed...

Get out of my thread.. as long as you place justification of your personal sale,

with this mis-information...over the benefit of the board as a whole... you are not welcome...

I am sorry, but you are spreading mis-information; dealers often assemble these watches themselves or have it done seperate from the factory. This is a FACT. Last time I checked, you were not a mod - and for good reason. You can't expect me not to respond to your comments and personal attack against me?

I just want people to be informed and will continue to try to do so. This really has nothing to do with me selling 1 watch (which eddie sells for $250 BTW with a new and quality ETA, not a 10 year old one); I buy and sell several each month and always sell @ a loss just because I like to circulate many watches, it is a hobby and it has some costs. I have had this argument with you and the others long before I put any watch up for sale so don't try and use mis-direction to attack me and stray away.

That I refused your low-ball offer does not change the facts I am presenting. I am beginning to wonder if you yourself have some alter agenda to defend paul so... he has offered to buy people off with watches before...

Don't be silly, it isn't always the dealer doing the assembling (although sometimes it is). Often their drop-shipper in china has many of them un-assembled and has the different movements available, they take an order from the dealer saying "put X movement in Y case and ship it to Z" and some dealers have better drop shippers, better quality control, etc. The US isn't exactly the only market for these watches. People like paul probably do it themselves most of the time - hence the quality control problems and misleading ads.

As always, it is slightly humerous to see you ignore the substance of my post and resort to a personal attack instead.

I don't sell reps, like I said I only buy them. So the cheaper they get without a loss of quality, the better as far as I'm concerned. I only point out the diminishing prices as a counterpoint to the long-held, rather silly argument that reps are a reasonable "investment" because they can be sold for around what was paid. Actually, this is largely nonsense, especially with the price wars and ever-increasing quality.

This doesn't personally trouble me but it seems like the simpleminded "Reps rule, Gens suck" breed (the next evolutionary step from posting "who has the best sub," it would seem) have often used the fallacious "reps hold their value reasonably well" thing as an arrow in their quiver so I felt like pointing it out as I happen to dislike that particular line of thinking.

Still, I honestly can't say aspire is my favorite dealer as I've had some problems with the watches I received from there. Call me superstitious but I've had a good run of luck with River's watches and I don't believe in messing with a good thing, even if it means paying a couple bucks more. That's just my experience, your mileage may vary.

Edited by kanerich

Crytonic,.... Look, the price of your stock dropped, combined with an overpayment hole that

you so blindly stepped into, now I see, with a dazed and eager look on your face...

All this b.s. about your particular movement being different is only smoke ...

Unless you have two of the same Chopards, from different dealers and Aspire in particular,

proving a point, then you don't have one...so silencio for once..

Lastly, your remark about a connection between aspire and I... it's another childish

crytonic tactic that's silly at best...

Your whole reason for being in this thread is a crooked attempt to justify your purchase

decision ineptitude.... & a hope to pass it along to some other poor sucker..

If you were honest,.. you would wait until your watch, if ever became unavailable

or rare... or lower the price to match the going rate for a used chopard..

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Hey Cwai02,....

The used market is being swayed by people who manipulate, either knowingly or un-knowingly

busy people who don't have or take the time to know what's what.

Is not the purpose of this board to help people from getting ripped off ?

Before you say anything... I don't mean the people that know what they are doing

and simply want to save time.

I am speaking of those times when a person is selling a watch with stated reasoning

to justify the price of New, for Used, with a hoax or mis-informational remarks...

that some people won't verify...

Why, is it not okay, for someone who knows better to step up and save a poor soul some

money...?

I say these kind of events, plus those that constantly bump their own posts

month after month for watches that evidently no one wants...are doing damage

to the watch forum and our credibility as a board....

Wow say hi to the titanic, you have gone far off the deep end. You keep trying to make this about me strangely? I will blow more on dinner tomorrow night than any rep I own is worth so realize I'm not in any "hole." I always buy from one of the better, trusted sellers than the basement ones because I put a premium on service, quality, and quality control. Other people may decide differently, and I respect that.

Sorry I refused your low-ball offer, but what did you expect? You don't have to take it so personal. I simply refuse to sell to people that don't know how to conduct themselves properly (i.e. insult me repeatedly) and you fall into that category. Stop acting like I give a [censored] if I sell a used watch or not; its just a hobby for me, but like to sell some watches every once in a while that I don't wear @ a discount.

Buy it from Paul and move on, or possibly collect it from him for free as payment for pimping his watches (and write him a nice review, he deletes all the bad ones)!

For everyone else not interested in personal attacks: Look at the movements sinchuan is putting in his watch now, not the same new ETAs other dealers get. Paul had used older, dirty movements in the past... and may be trying to pull a fast one with these new swan neck movements he is dropping in his panerai... they are probably cheaper for a reason and may not be ETA, but chinese copies. Why do you think there is no picture of the full movement and the screws differ in color? Some sellers care about people and relationships, some care about the bottom line and their yacht.

All I am saying is each approach has its ups and downs. Neither choice is the "right" choice, you have to make it yourself. It is misleading to tell buyers one choice is "correct," when clearly there are many options and each is appropriate for different buyers.

Crytonic... You are posting in My thread.... I could give a care about your over-priced

toy... I just don't want anyone to get ripped.....

Stop tap dancing around the main issue and verify that your watch contains

a special movement behond Silix or any other dealer or every time I see

someone show interest I will personally inform them myself...

For the record I never gave you an offer....

Here... I am going to return the favor... I never have posted pms in the past...

but you did it to me, so you don't count for consideration...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

Regarding your chopard.. just checking if your

price is a type-o... seeing that the going price

new seems to be $149....

Thanks

No, I paid $250 from eddie. I think the 149 is the paulmart price... who knows what that guy will send.

Okay.. just checking.

That's why I never go to El or the other small guys

unless it's for an exclusive or a deal...

They just can't compete with the volume buyers....

Thanks

Haven't we had this argument before in public in a thread? Haven't a million people argued price v. service? I don't appreciate being intentionally harassed on a sunday night as I try to enjoy a movie.

I guess I am lucky I can afford to deal with the smaller guys and not miss the difference; the service is worth the price to me (but obviously not you). I would eat moldy toast before I would deal with TTK or aspire/paulmart. It is a choice everyone makes. Tis just a hobby, if it costs me a little more to make it enjoyable, so be it. Not worth the stress the other way.

First of all...If I was being intentionally bothersome I would

post my question on your thread, not in a respectful pm.

I was interested in your watch...but not now..

thanks for reminding me what an [censored] you are...

2nd, you have absolutely no idea how much I can afford,...

Lastly, this is not an issue of service vs price... you haven't

figured out yet that great service does not always equal high

prices... but that's no surprise...

Good luck with your uh-hem..'sale'.. :lol:

Believe me... I would never sell anything to you at any price; not even my dog's crap if you offered $500 a pound. For $149 or less I would just keep the watch; if you can get it for that just buy it from one of your dealers. If you can't get it for that you are a liar and I'd rather not do business with a liar. No deal was ever going to happen; I wouldn't have gone through with a deal if you made any offer.

All I ask is that you never PM me again, I will do the same for you.

See how pm can turn out ? Take the cowardly insults you find posted in any forum

and magnify it 100 times when someone thinks that no-one but the recipient will ever read it.

This guy is rude to the 9th degree and has no inkling of what he is talking about....