When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cousteau Divers '06

asiparks

I just received my 06 Cousteau Diver from Ruby (pictures forthcoming....)..

Quite delighted with Ruby and the watch. Everything alighns properly on the inner bezel without having to do the 1/2 click thing, the AR on the crystal is amazing and the dial printing is spot on ! My only gripe is that the white portion and numbers on the inner bezel no longer appear to be lumed at all ! :huh: The hands and indices aren't at all bad, they're quite bright and readable in the wee hours, but the overall effect isnt as impressive as this pic by Audemarsfan: Not sure if it's just the way they make them now or not, but as everthing else on the watch is in good shape, I'm not sure it's at all worth sending it back...

Edited by asiparks

Mine wasn't great...especially that heavy part on the rotating bezel...but when you get a fresh charge...it still does glow.

that's what I though, but mine has none at all. Everthing else on the watch is spot on though, datewheel /inner bezel alignment etc, and I'm overall really, really impressed by it. Think I'll either send it off to get lumed or try and buy someone elses modded one...

cheers

Think I'll either send it off to get lumed or try and buy someone elses modded one...

cheers

Good luck, there is only one person I know of that is capable of doing this mod and he is on an extended hiatus. As far as I know he only did two or three of these, so good luck finding one!

i have been confused with the IWC Cousteau divers 06 i have bought from Silix. Should the watch's dial & rubber strap be BLUE or BLACK ? Mine is blue & the most of Cousteau divers i see on the web photos look BLACK....

i have been confused with the IWC Cousteau divers 06 i have bought from Silix. Should the watch's dial & rubber strap be BLUE or BLACK ? Mine is blue & the most of Cousteau divers i see on the web photos look BLACK....

it does indeed appear pretty black in pics as do the subdials, but my strap is a very dark blue/grey.

The Ziggified 2006 Cousteau. Complete with eta swap, date wheel swap, full relume and double AR. One of my all time favorites.

Cousteau2.jpg

Cousteau1.jpg

:o:drool:

so you posted that just to make me feel miserable then....

quick question, what color are your subdials ? Mine are quite a bit greyer than the rest of the dial with prominent concentric rings...yours look flat and almost the same color as the dial... :huh: