When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

217 And 187....

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

Tried to swap the straps between my 217 and 187...

Have to tell you I am much more than satisfied with the results!

Even though I am sure many will say that putting a rubber strap on a classic 217 is a crime I love the way it looks on it.

Here are some pics:

77211-31278.jpg

77211-31279.jpg

77211-31280.jpg

77211-31281.jpg

77211-31282.jpg

77211-31283.jpg

77211-31284.jpg

77211-31285.jpg

77211-31286.jpg

77211-31287.jpg

What do you guys think?

Cheers

Maciek

I hope my new 187 has the date font that yours has! It is VERY close to the Genuine...

It won't and that's why Eddie changed the photos.. But for me it doesn't matter ;)

Btw.. I like the carbon on the 187 but not the rubber on the 217 :)

It won't and that's why Eddie changed the photos.. But for me it doesn't matter ;)

Btw.. I like the carbon on the 187 but not the rubber on the 217 :)

Well, now that just plain sucks. The crappy date font simply bugs the crap out of me.

HOPEFULLY you are incorrect! Puh-Lease!!!

Call me a Sally, but it's one of the things I cannot get over.

Kostas,

here is a pic of a genuine 217 on a gen 187 strap - looks like it is also 26/22

77378-31196.jpg

Maciek thanks a lot for the info..

I guess the strap and buckle will go for sale when I will receive the watch from Eddie (got the tracking today)

26/26 all the way baby :D

Well, now that just plain sucks. The crappy date font simply bugs the crap out of me.

HOPEFULLY you are incorrect! Puh-Lease!!!

Call me a Sally, but it's one of the things I cannot get over.

I share your pain Trunk - ordered mine day before the new pics went up - to my horror noticed the crappy datefont - apparently this is the new 'updated' version from same maker :unsure:

If it comes with that thin font, I'm gonna be sooooooooo peeeeeeeeeeed offffffffffff <_<

*edit typos*

Edited by docblackrock

I share your pain Trunk - ordered mine day before the new pics went up - to my horror noticed the crappy datefont - apparently this is the new 'updated' version from same maker :unsure:

If it comes with that thin font, I'm gonna be sooooooooo peeeeeeeeeeed offffffffffff <_<

*edit typos*

Well, I got an email from Eddie, and he told me that it will be the shitty datefont. I'm not happy about this, since I bought the watch based on the early photos.

That said, I don't feel good about cancelling my order, so perhaps one of finepics' datewheels will work on the 7750 b1?

Well, I got an email from Eddie, and he told me that it will be the shitty datefont. I'm not happy about this, since I bought the watch based on the early photos.

That said, I don't feel good about cancelling my order, so perhaps one of finepics' datewheels will work on the 7750 b1?

Again, my situation and thoughts exactly :p

Ed's one of the best so a datewheel fix it will have to be :pray:

Again, my situation and thoughts exactly :p

Ed's one of the best so a datewheel fix it will have to be :pray:

My situation and thought as well..

But HEY... we paid 349$ for it and the others paid 800-900$ with the old 7750 movement..

I think that we can swallow a small mistake like the thin datefont and the missing AR don't you think?

My situation and thought as well..

But HEY... we paid 349$ for it and the others paid 800-900$ with the old 7750 movement..

I think that we can swallow a small mistake like the thin datefont and the missing AR don't you think?

What do you mean 'old' movt? Did the previous 187 not have a 7750 b1 heart? EL mentioned nothing to me about a movt upgrade.

But you're right, for the price it seesm churlish to complain although would have been nice to know before ordering that's all :g: .

Who knows, maybe the factory will correct the datefont? :pray: In which case, I can see Eddie seeing us right, that would be typical of him.

What do you mean 'old' movt? Did the previous 187 not have a 7750 b1 heart? EL mentioned nothing to me about a movt upgrade.

But you're right, for the price it seesm churlish to complain although would have been nice to know before ordering that's all :g: .

Who knows, maybe the factory will correct the datefont? :pray: In which case, I can see Eddie seeing us right, that would be typical of him.

No, the previous 187 had the old Asian 7750 movement and I think this has the newer version (b1?)

I agree about knowing before the order but it's ok... I think Eddie offers to cancel orders although I never even thought about it. I waited for years for this watch and now I am not gonna wait for a fatter date font :p

V, the strap that comes with 187 is 26/22. I don't know if genuine one is the same, maybe Quarks could tell us something?

Cheers!

Sorry for getting here late. The gen. strap is the exact dimension as Ken's 187 strap. That is 26/22. And the gen. buckle is brushed.

Sorry for getting here late. The gen. strap is the exact dimension as Ken's 187 strap. That is 26/22. And the gen. buckle is brushed.

Thanks... I think 26/26 strap will look better.. The 26/22 looked a bit silly for such a big watch, when I have tried on Marc's in the London meeting..

Of coursethat's just me.. some people are die hard fans of the 187 rubber :D

@ V: LOL. Personally, I am one of the diehard fans of the rubber. First because it is comfy, second, it looks pretty good on the 187. I have Dirk (the real deal) salt-water proof 26/26 Black w/ white stitching and I love that strap but for some reason, I always go back to the rubber strap. I am still in search for a perfect strap for the 187..... I gather after so long, finally, your strap with the blue stitching might be put to good use. :)