When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Affordable PVD service.

Spoooooonz

Just a little something I have been working on...

casebackpy3.jpg

A case back for an Ipod touch that has been put through a PVD process and has titanium nitride bonded to it. The result is a sunning finish that looks like very high quality gold plate, but is scratch proof. The relevance to this forum is that I am now in a position to offer a variety of ulta hard PVD applied coatings at very reasonable prices.

Edited by Spoooooonz

VERY, VERY nice. I've got one just waiting for this service... but also looking for something other than gold....can you do it?

Of course. Gold just happens to be popular. But I can do black and gunmetal and just a plain silver finish. All coatings are 2500hv+ harndess.

Fantastic! What's the price and turnaround?

Of course. Gold just happens to be popular. But I can do black and gunmetal and just a plain silver finish. All coatings are 2500hv+ harndess.

Well sign me up! I'd rather wait for the next iPhone though, I have the original 8gb right now. I will plan on getting one of the new iPods though.

Well sign me up! I'd rather wait for the next iPhone though, I have the original 8gb right now. I will plan on getting one of the new iPods though.

Wait... I am assuming you'll do something other than ipods... say............................... watches!

Iphones can't be done currently due to the backs being anodised aluminum. The coating takes best on stainless steel.

Wait... I am assuming you'll do something other than ipods... say............................... watches!

Yes, I just posted that pic as it is a large surface area and it demonstrates the very high quality of the finish.

VERY, VERY nice. I've got one just waiting for this service... but also looking for something other than gold....can you do it?

Fantastic! What's the price and turnaround?

I assume you mean for watches? The ipod touch case backs are going to be around $60-70, and ones from the nanos will cost $30. I can coat watch cases for between $75-100, depending on the complexity of the casework, the coating being applied etc. As I am not a watch smith I would need to receive the case already disassembled. It would then be ultrasonically cleaned and prepped for coating chamber. As you can see from the pic the quality of the coatings I can do is very high indeed.

Edited by Spoooooonz

Looks amazing! Theres this site www.colorwarepc.com that does similar things

colorwarepc use polymer based paints to do what they do. PVD applied coatings like titanium nitride are orders of magnitude harder. Nothing I have tried yet has left the slightest mark on the surface.

Very cool!

Can you pvd a watch, for example a datejust, but with a finish like rhodium plated white gold.It must be very shiny.

And where are you located?

Am located in the UK, I can have a finsh applied that would meet your criteria, but you would need supply me with the watch already disassembled. Apart from anything else this is safer from a customs perspective.

Bracelets present a problem because the PVD process is line of sight in 360 degrees, thus coating a bracelet properly would require complete disassembly. The cost would be prohibitive

I figured that was the issue - just to be clear, is the cost prohibition on being multiple little parts- OR because it has to be taken apart - and has anyone taken like a rolex or BCE bracelet apart - of course i mean the links with no screws. it must be some sort of "snap in" situation

i remember someone rendered a kick but Planet Ocean in black pvd-would be sweeet :)

I figured that was the issue - just to be clear, is the cost prohibition on being multiple little parts- OR because it has to be taken apart - and has anyone taken like a rolex or BCE bracelet apart - of course i mean the links with no screws. it must be some sort of "snap in" situation

i remember someone rendered a kick but Planet Ocean in black pvd-would be sweeet :)

It's more to do with it being lots of little parts. I'm not saying it can't be done, but I would need to receive a pristine bracelet already disassembled and you'd probably be looking at about $200 to recieve back a perfectly coated bracelet.

I would be very interested in this affordable service, and since your in europe I would really like to use your service. But I think we need to see some pics from actual watches in black/gunmetal PVD, if you understand what I mean. First check out the goods before sending them :)

P.s. I am willing to take one for the team, let's say a 47mm PAM?

Edited by PATerai