When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Flat-top 3 date disc for 3035

freddy333

I've never seen a flat-top three on a 3035 date wheel. I know my 16800 has the round top three's and open 6's and 9's.

I thought the flat-top 3's were only on the 1500 series of movements- esp. the SD's and 1680's, but also the DJ's from time to time- 1600, etc.

I've never seen a flat-top three on a 3035 date wheel. I know my 16800 has the round top three's and open 6's and 9's.

I thought the flat-top 3's were only on the 1500 series of movements- esp. the SD's and 1680's, but also the DJ's from time to time- 1600, etc.

That's because the flat-top 3 for c.3035 doesn't exist - you are correct. But these are generic ;) Either there's some hithero unspotted demand for that vintage look on a modern Sub/SD or they've printed a generic c.1570 DW by mistake....I'll bet it is the latter.

*edit* Freddy's DJ knowledge is surely correct so ignore me - I don't do DJs or DDs, sports Rolex all the way baby - so arrogantly assume they don't exist, ooops :unsure:

@ alligoat, if you know where I could source an open 6 & 9 date disc for my 16800...please let me know. I think you've got a gen 16800 but I thought I'd ask you anyways. thx :)

You could get them from www.cubic-works.com a while back, but the last DW I got was closed 6's and 9's. Their site shows the open 6's and 9's, but everyone's been getting the closed ones lately, AFAIK.

Last year I bought a $50 TT Sub and it had the open 6's and 9's- but with a gold background.

Kinda like sub cases with lugholes- they've all but disappeared.

post-175-1212429595_thumb.jpg

Too bad the date on the 16800 was the 10th- but I do remember Friday and Saturday were round top 3 days!

Interesting bit of trivia, Freddy!

You could get them from www.cubic-works.com a while back, but the last DW I got was closed 6's and 9's. Their site shows the open 6's and 9's, but everyone's been getting the closed ones lately, AFAIK.

This is the picture on cubic-works website

WTG002.jpg

This is the part I just received from cubic-works

cubic-worksdateoverlay3400.jpg

Here is the link

It is alot closer to the gen 3035 datewheel than the stock 2836-2's is, but it definitely will not pass close scrutiny (the gen is serifed & cubic-works is sans serif, & the printing quality is 'spotty'). But, for $19 & for an ETA-based franken-just cobbled together mostly out of spares, I cannot complain. Though if Borel has gen 3055 discs available, I may consider using that instead.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been ordering from julesborel for some time without any problem. But, in this case, the aftermarket flat-top 3 DW they have listed in the catalog (& on their website) is no longer available. I just spoke with Borel & the vendor who had been supplying these DWs has gone out of business & they are now getting them from another vendor. They just received their back ordered 3035 DWs & the numbers are apparently all different from what you see in their catalog. I do not have a picture of the new DW, but the description I got over the phone makes them sound like the generic ETA datewheels, with squarish numbers. So the cubic-works overlay is probably the best option to the gen DW (which you can often find on ebay).