When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Modded GMT Finished

RobbieG

Congrats, that's the famous "Noob" GMT that you have there. One of the best Rolex reps ever (after mods). The rehaut, rehaut thickness and profile are pretty much perfect. I remember when you got this one from PT. Great score!

PS: There are still some small details that I fixed on my GMTs: Crown (change to genuine), bezel (get one with better teeth from BK) and thinner GMT hand. Not absolutely necessary of course, but they still improve the visuals. :)

Congrats, that's the famous "Noob" GMT that you have there. One of the best Rolex reps ever (after mods). The rehaut, rehaut thickness and profile are pretty much perfect. I remember when you got this one from PT. Great score!

PS: There are still some small details that I fixed on my GMTs: Crown (change to genuine), bezel (get one with better teeth from BK) and thinner GMT hand. Not absolutely necessary of course, but they still improve the visuals. :)

Are these still around? I have seen a few but they seem to have the over magnification and the date window too far to the right? Can people still source this exact base watch?

BK can source it. A new member (Looseends) also got one from Andrew. So it looks like it's in production again, which is good news.

It was unavailable for a long, long time. PT tried to get more of these when he sold them out, but couldn't. It was only available with a bad "Explorer II dial" where the ROLEX and coronet were way undersized. This version was also available with correct hand stack.

zz.jpg

This was sold as "TW version" when it originally surfaced. TTK sells this watch under "MBK", but in reality it comes from the same factory as the Noobmariner, Noob Yacht-Master, seconds at '6 Daytona and the best Explorer II.

I have reviewed all said watches in my section. There's more info.

BK can source it. A new member (Looseends) also got one from Andrew. So it looks like it's in production again, which is good news.

It was unavailable for a long, long time. PT tried to get more of these when he sold them out, but couldn't. It was only available with a bad "Explorer II dial" where the ROLEX and coronet were way undersized. This version was also available with correct hand stack.

zz.jpg

This was sold as "TW version" when it originally surfaced. TTK sells this watch under "MBK", but in reality it comes from the same factory as the Noobmariner, Noob Yacht-Master, seconds at '6 Daytona and the best Explorer II.

I have reviewed all said watches in my section. There's more info.

Yeah I remember seeing the hybrids like those with the same case and correct handstack but the shrunken Rolex font and logo dials. Yuk. Now that I just CAN'T live with. The dials on ours are really almost spot on. Certainly from a 3 foot difference no one would ever call these good dials out. Easily one of the best Rolex rep dials ever...

Yes. Here's the rep vs. gen dial. I'd say it's pretty close. The Noobmariner dial is just as good though.

Rep/Gen dial comparison

Amazing how much the recessed insert does for the overall look of the piece. It is one of those overlooked things that seems unimportant until you see it side by side. Your last dial comparison pic really shows how the recessed insert changes the look dramatically...