When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Love Rubber ! Or Do I?

Chronus

Do you want all reps to come out exclusively on rubber straps?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy that many new (super) reps seem to only have the option of a rubber strap?

• Yes, I love rubber !
    • No, I want the choice between rubber and bracelet.
  2. 2. With all this rubber, do you think there should be an AP ROO with a solid rubber bezel?

• Yes, I've been dying for this!
    • No, screw the AP ROO, give me another dodgy movement Daytona!

Seems like most newer reps are coming out exclusively on rubber straps (or cheap throwaway "leather" bands) nowadays. And it's definitely cheaper for members to buy a rubber strap afterwards, rather than the genuine bracelet!

Some genuines are exclusive to the rubber strap as far as I know, ie. DeWitt Academia Chronograph, the titanium B&M Riviera XXL Special Edition. However there are many watches that are not just available on rubber straps, eg. Corum Admiral's Cup, Hublot Big Bang, Ebel chrono, Concord C1, etc.

We were lucky that the "Slevin" Aquatimer eventually got a bracelet, but others seem to be left on the wayside. It seems to be the cheap and cheerful option for the makers, while bumping up prices.

Are people happy with this situation? Looks like it will get to the point that a rep will be easily spotted if it's not on a bracelet !

And with all this rubber flying around, why no complete rubber bezel on the AP ROO, and not the poor PVD version available now ? (Speaking of which, where are the titanium AP ROOs? But that's another topic for another day)

Edited by Chronus

Bumpity bump, any discussion?

Surprised so many would prefer a POS Daytona to a rubber clad AP ROO though.

My last 7 reps that I haver bought have all the rubber strap...DeWitt Academia, Porsche Flat 6, HBB, B&M Riviera, Paul Picot, Graham, Corum ACC...

Some of those models come only with the rubber band as gen...but in general if a gen watch has the bracelet option, I wouldn't mind having the bracelet as well, because the change from rubber to bracelet can sometimes bring a new joy for wearing that specific rep...

however during the summer time I definitely prefer wearing watches with rubber bands...and I have in front of me something like 4 months of hot weather!

so bring the bracelets and the AP ROO with the rubber bezel...I'd buy all of it...

I am in no way interested in the Rolex Daytona...If I was asked, I'd pick other brands for replicas other than Rolex,Omega,Panerai...and we are seeing more and more of this...and that is good!

Looks like I better learn to love rubber. That is all that's currently being produced.

I voted that I want a choice and I want a AP ROO, but I do not and will not have one where the seconds are labeled at 12, but running at 9. That is just dumb. Print the dang dial with the seconds at 9.

Looks like I better learn to love rubber. That is all that's currently being produced.

I voted that I want a choice and I want a AP ROO, but I do not and will not have one where the seconds are labeled at 12, but running at 9. That is just dumb. Print the dang dial with the seconds at 9.

That would be pretty good wouldnt it :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It can't be that difficult to have the optional dial. Perhaps a dealer can do a small run of these for us? Is Eurotimez (MBK guy) the one to ask?