When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

gen hands for PAM 023 GMT

dadog13

Seems that recently more and more gen PAM parts have been auctioned on the bay...Just now I found the listing for the GEN HANDS NOS for the PAM023...6 days more to go...

If I remember correctly there was one member who managed to source a gen dial for the 023...so this hands would perfectly go with that dial for a super franken...

the listing is : 140238210244

good luck if you decide to bid...I know I have no $$$ for this stuff at the moment...

f_023genhandsm_9bdd47a.jpg

I must fess up that I am the owner of the 23 dial. Folks have seen the pictures. The question is whether those hands are lume or tritium. I am already long a spare set of lume hands. If tritium that is another story. ;) Anyone have a guess? This Franken stuff is killing me. :o

FGD-

Yeah, I saw that crown and the funny thing is the seller was also selling a set of Marina hands. And those went for less than what you pay an AD. ;)

I have asked the seller. Have not heard anything back though. I have made this mistake more than once though. Unfortunately, pictures of hands are worthless. It all depends on how and in what light they are shot. I agree they are probably tritium. And yes I will try and buy them. But there have been some crazy prices.

One of the things that is so frustrating about buying T hands is that they never match up. Dials and hands don't have to but mismatched hands look odd (IMHO). In order to put together a good set of matched T hands (same color and glow) it often requires mixing and matching from different sets. Age, varnish, exposure to light and handling all have major impacts on hand condition.

I have asked the seller. Have not heard anything back though. I have made this mistake more than once though. Unfortunately, pictures of hands are worthless. It all depends on how and in what light they are shot. I probably will bid on them in which case I will put up at least one set of L hands for sale. I have made this mistake more than once - and so has Michael at Adam-Co. ;)

hey K, I really hope you could win this bidding..it would be great that somebody from our community get's them, especially you since you have the gen dial as well...wish I knew that earlier cause I would PM you the listing in private...sorry!

I must fess up that I am the owner of the 23 dial. Folks have seen the pictures. The question is whether those hands are lume or tritium. I am already long a spare set of lume hands. If tritium that is another story. ;) Anyone have a guess? This Franken stuff is killing me. :o

FGD-

Yeah, I saw that crown and the funny thing is the seller was also selling a set of Marina hands. And those went for less than what you pay an AD. ;)

The hands certainly look like tritium and judging by the apparent length I am reasonably sure that they are - don't forget that the A series T dial had shorter hands than the later B series L dial watches. This means that they really aren't any use to anyone without a genuine 023 or 029 as the reps are all L dials (I think).

the guy with the gen 023 hands just posted a FS listing of a GEN 090 dial...he has definitely got some nice stuff! I'll check his listings from time to time to check what he has FS...seems he can get some GEN PAM parts...

item nr. 270243176389