When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newb With A Few Questions

I seem to see mostly mens' watches in the reps. Are there any good womens' rep watches, particularly Omega? Also, I tried searching on some of the questions I had, and it seems it's catchers catch can when it comes to swimming with the reps and chrono functions. Are there any good Omega reps that would be able to withstand swimming (I'd check it out with a watch shop first of course) and that have a working chrono?

Thanks!

I seem to see mostly mens' watches in the reps. Are there any good womens' rep watches, particularly Omega? Also, I tried searching on some of the questions I had, and it seems it's catchers catch can when it comes to swimming with the reps and chrono functions. Are there any good Omega reps that would be able to withstand swimming (I'd check it out with a watch shop first of course) and that have a working chrono?

Thanks!

I got a Ladies best YM from EL for my wife. She loves it! Very nice watch and a great price

The only chronographs that can be taken into water are those with screw down pushers, in other words, the pushers have a metal collar around them that you can tighten down. Chronos with regular pushers were not meant to be taken into water. That holds true for the genuines. I don't know if I would risk taking a rep chrono with screw down pushers swimming unless I had it waterproofed by a trusted watchmaker.

There are no ladies sized chronographs with screw down pushers, but the rep Daytona is not too big, and can be considerred unisex.

• 4 weeks later...
The only chronographs that can be taken into water are those with screw down pushers, in other words, the pushers have a metal collar around them that you can tighten down. Chronos with regular pushers were not meant to be taken into water. That holds true for the genuines. I don't know if I would risk taking a rep chrono with screw down pushers swimming unless I had it waterproofed by a trusted watchmaker.

There are no ladies sized chronographs with screw down pushers, but the rep Daytona is not too big, and can be considerred unisex.

That's not actually true. The screw down collar does not make the pusher waterproof, it merely stops you accidentally activating the chrono and running down the power reserve. All the chrono pushers in the rep PAM's are standard type pushers and have an internal O ring to seal them - exactly the same as many gens). Certainly divers watches are likely to have more seals to withstand deeper water but there is no reason why swimming is not possible with a chrono. make sure though that the caseback is svrewed down properly as a lot of reps are delivered with them just hand tight.