When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hell no! My watch didn't make it...

outlandos

IT ALL WORKED OUT WELL!!!

The customs did not check the package...or at least they didnt take the effort to open it!

I will need to pay 13 Euro duty tax, but I am happy to do so! :D

I guess I have just been very lucky! :D

Thank you all for the great reply's!

After all, I think it has been Fedex and Fedex only that made a fuzz and that I have been lucky at the customs!

Cheers! :D

Lucky to say the least.... :D:D:D:D

Congratulations! :1a::thumbsupsmileyanim:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT ALL WORKED OUT WELL!!!

The customs did not check the package...or at least they didnt take the effort to open it!

I will need to pay 13 Euro duty tax, but I am happy to do so! :D

I guess I have just been very lucky! :D

Thank you all for the great reply's!

After all, I think it has been Fedex and Fedex only that made a fuzz and that I have been lucky at the customs!

Cheers! :D

I just dont get where they based the 13 euro's of tax on

I thought you told them you bought the watch from a friend for 700 or 250 euro's

Or is your tax based on the price of the repairs

I think it is important to realise for everyone, that if your watch really got through it was a with a whole lot of luck.

The bottom line of this topic should be not to cook up stories and lie to customs.

It is normal procedure for customs to inspect the item by hand and look up the value of the item in cataloques or verifie through officiall channels.

This value is than used for calculating the tax.

I just dont get where they based the 13 euro's of tax on

I thought you told them you bought the watch from a friend for 700 or 250 euro's

Or is your tax based on the price of the repairs

I think it is important to realise for everyone, that if your watch really got through it was a with a whole lot of luck.

The bottom line of this topic should be not to cook up stories and lie to customs.

It is normal procedure for customs to inspect the item by hand and look up the value of the item in cataloques or verifie through officiall channels.

This value is than used for calculating the tax.

The tax is based on the repair price ($70) that was written on the package.

So sorry to hear this. Customs can do anything they want and Narikaa is absolutely right. It is a great idea to see if you can get it sent back to the original sender. In general FedEx is the worst. They were the first folks to rollover when the whole Homeland Security thing came up.

Of course Customs can do what they want.

Because none of us is willing to fight for our cause.

Lets all take a page from Al-Qeda

and if a Customs official stops us wearing a rep, we just blow ourselves up right then and there.

That will put a stop to this non-sense.

Congratulations Outlandos! I am glad it all worked out. How about some pics of the watch!!!???

He DID cook up a story and lie to customs. There was no repair performed on the watch. If he had told the truth (watch was an illegal counterfeit) he would not have it in his hand right now. THAT is the bottom line.

It worked out fine. But you sound disappointed (or even like you don't believe the OP):

??????

If he lied to customs, then maybe custom is lying to him? the watch has not arrived so the box could contain a wad of chewing gum, but if not, then if and when this contentious timepiece does arrive, a look at this 500.00 source of befuddlement would ease the minds of many. :lol:

Edited by hambone

How about some pics? :)

I took some pictures quickly, but I am home alone so it was kind of hard to take them well!

Real PVD done by Ajoesmith

Real AR done by Cheiftang

Real Superluminova done by The Zigmeister....

Anyway here you go:

100_7740.jpg

bnrlume.jpg

100_7742.jpg

(doesnt you like that combination..I mean I am Dutch and 2night it's play time!!)

Edited by outlandos

He DID cook up a story and lie to customs. There was no repair performed on the watch. If he had told the truth (watch was an illegal counterfeit) he would not have it in his hand right now. THAT is the bottom line.

If you think that a 500 usd dollar replica watch is worth the trouble it can give you, go ahead.

I think its like double or nothing.

If they had opened the package there it would have been a whole diffrent ballgame A big fine and no watch

The story told to customs would fall apart and you would be in trouble.

Why, because communication goes through letters in the mail.

info about items is given through te phone, but when you claim or make a statement about an item , it can only be done through mail.

My point is, not to get wise when it comes to dealing with customs, its their job to hunt you.

Everyone can do as they think is best, but the stept taken by cutoms in outlandos his topic are not standard procedure on this matter.

If you think that a 500 usd dollar replica watch is worth the trouble it can give you, go ahead.

You continue to sound disappointed that the whole thing didn't blow up in the OP's face.

You have stated your opinion three times already. How about just congratulating Outlandos on getting his watch and not losing 500 dollars.

You continue to sound disappointed that the whole thing didn't blow up in the OP's face.

You have stated your opinion three times already. How about just congratulating Outlandos on getting his watch and not losing 500 dollars.

I think you are missing my point by hundreds of miles JohnG.

The outlandos did was his choice, and he got away with it.

I am not disapointed dont get me wrong, but congratulating him could inspire others to do the same thing.

Its like like trying to disarm a bomb, it could go two ways.

I'am someone who tries to avoid being damaged and I want to keep others sharp and create awareness when they come in the same situation.

Guest helen2003

The best way is to ask your supplier to send you an invoice .(Fake also available ) It is just a gift from your friends ,They can confiscate it .

I think you are missing my point by hundreds of miles JohnG.

The outlandos did was his choice, and he got away with it.

I am not disapointed dont get me wrong, but congratulating him could inspire others to do the same thing.

Its like like trying to disarm a bomb, it could go two ways.

I'am someone who tries to avoid being damaged and I want to keep others sharp and create awareness when they come in the same situation.

Exactomudo

Too much cavalier misinformed nonsense perpetuates re this...which doubtless led to the 'clever d ick' putting 'repair' on it in the first place.

Ill conceived lies to customs will burn your fingers sooner or later.

The best way is to ask your supplier to send you an invoice .(Fake also available ) It is just a gift from your friends ,They can confiscate it .

Well RTFM springs to mind again

Many countries have a Gift Threshold amount (UK is

Edited by narikaa

Exactomudo

Too much cavalier misinformed nonsense perpetuates re this...which doubtless led to the 'clever d ick' putting 'repair' on it in the first place.

Ill conceived lies to customs will burn your fingers sooner or later.

How?

I pay close attention to all the customs threads. I have seen watches seized and I have seen VAT assessed but I have never seen anyone arrested or fined by customs for making up a story (such as gift from friend, watch was repaired, etc.). I am not saying it doesn't happen but before I just believe dire warnings suggesting we should just abandon watches to customs every time they make an inquiry I need to see some evidence of the "serious consequences" that can occur.

I can only speak for Spain - but on a Spanish replica forum I asked this exact question. The replies were ALL that when customs had made inquiries on opened packages the buyer was required to provide purchase receipts (print out of paypal transaction was sufficient). IVA (VAT) was assessed on the actual amount paid. Customs in Spain does not (in the experience of the many posters who replies to my inquiry) stop watches because they are reps - it only stops them to impose taxes. No interest is shown in the authenticity of the watch and it can be assumed that if they accept a declared value of 200 Euros for a Rolex they know perfectly well it is not genuine. In one case a toy police car was broken open and the hidden watch inside revealed. Buyer was asked to provide purchase receipt - he faxed a copy of paypal receipt. Duty was charged and the watch was delivered to him along with the broken toy.

Now each country is different. I know most EU countries are harsher than Spain but as I have said, I have yet to see anyone arrested or assessed fines. If such cases are being reported here at RWG or at any of the other major forums perhaps someone could point me in the right direction.

I am from Spain, my advice is not use fedex but just usps or standart mail.

companies like fedex are always interested in having your parcel in customs because they later charge you money for the negotiation and paperwork..Of course you can ask them not to negotiate with customs in your behalf but I think it may not end very good.

I am talking about a watch that I bought in Ecuador, fedex asked me to provide the invoice, so I ended up faking the invoice, saying that the watch had costed me a lot less...(from 730 eur to 145 eur)

I paid something like 47 eur (fedex comission plus custom fine for importing watches)..

I sincerely dont see any reason why should we spanish pay customs for watches...since Spain does not have watch industry there is no local industry to protect..

I am from Spain, my advice is not use fedex but just usps or standart mail.

companies like fedex are always interested in having your parcel in customs because they later charge you money for the negotiation and paperwork..Of course you can ask them not to negotiate with customs in your behalf but I think it may not end very good.

I am talking about a watch that I bought in Ecuador, fedex asked me to provide the invoice, so I ended up faking the invoice, saying that the watch had costed me a lot less...(from 730 eur to 145 eur)

I paid something like 47 eur (fedex comission plus custom fine for importing watches)..

I sincerely dont see any reason why should we spanish pay customs for watches...since Spain does not have watch industry there is no local industry to protect..

It is not really a customs duty - it is VAT (IVA) that they are charging. It is the same tax you would pay if you bought a watch at el Corte Ingles.

As to FedEx - the only problem I EVER had was with FedEx on a laptop shipped from the U.S. My reps (so far) have come EMS without any problem.