When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pic request... Simona Vintage blue

rmcsherry

Does anybody have a Simona Vintage Blue strap? I'm considering getting one for my 082, but it'd be good to see a couple of photos and wrist shots (ideally mounted on a blue dial PAM) before deciding! Cheers.

EDIT: Alternatively, any strap suggestions for an 082 would be good (no exotic leathers) - A custom black calf Delaurian with blue stitching / blue sealed edges might look nice, I'd like it to be different but not over the top!

I have to agree with tootall on this one, I love the moroccan sunset with the blue stitch.

tootall, have you ever done one of your blue steel straps with blue stitch? I think the color of the blue steel hide would look really good against a Ti case......

I have to agree with tootall on this one, I love the moroccan sunset with the blue stitch.

tootall, have you ever done one of your blue steel straps with blue stitch? I think the color of the blue steel hide would look really good against a Ti case......

Yes I have. It does bring out the blue tint of the leather a bit more.

Here are a couple that I think go well with the 082:

This is my Moroccan Sunset with blue stitching:

tootallmoroccansunsetqp2.jpg

This is my B2 leather with blue stitching:

DSC04422.jpg

I prefer the Moroccan Sunset. And if I ever get a 082, that will be the strap I make for it.

That strap does look very nice, could certainly be a contender! What's the movement in that rep, by the way? It has very unusual engraving (Seventeen 17 Jewels Swiss)

here you go with a couple of pics...you can go on 'risti and type in the search bar - simona vintage blue - seems it is pretty popular among them...I know the 'risti guys won't mind that I am posting their pics...it is for a good purpose, that a rep looks better!f_simona4m_799c8f4.jpg

f_simona3m_429b30c.jpg

f_simona7m_4a71130.jpg

I would pic a blue shark for the 082...I have the strap already, miss only the watch!

this is how it looks like...again not my pic, but it is the same one from k.wong...again tnx to 'risti memberf_IMG0183m_9a75e29.jpg

Pics? ;)

Sorry I dont' have pics of that combo. :(

That strap does look very nice, could certainly be a contender! What's the movement in that rep, by the way? It has unusual engraving - more like the pre-ETA engravings on Pre-V models?

Thanks for the compliment. That's a vacuum non branded watch (it's not mine, it's a customer of mine), and it's a 100% Swiss like you would get from Ofrei.

That strap does look very nice, could certainly be a contender! What's the movement in that rep, by the way? It has unusual engraving - more like the pre-ETA engravings on Pre-V models?

That movement was from a batch that vaccum got of NOS Hamilton 6497s. It's got Cotes de Geneve striping and "Hamilton" and some other text engraved on the bridges. Polished and beveled winding gears, etc. They are beautiful movements.

That movement was from a batch that vaccum got of NOS Hamilton 6497s. It's got Cotes de Geneve striping and "Hamilton" and some other text engraved on the bridges. Polished and beveled winding gears, etc. They are beautiful movements.

Thanks for the information - the NOS 6497's are getting quite rare, the engraving "Seventeen 17 Jewels Swiss" doesn't exist on modern ETA's.

The other replies are useful, and the 089 looks amazing with the Simona!

I just wanted to add (so there is no confusion) that the Moroccan sunset, Blue Steel and B2 are all my leathers. I make them 100% by hand. I personally make them, and use no electrical or mechanical device what so ever.

Simona's is the blue one. She does not make her own straps. She has a factory to machine make and mass produce the straps for her. That is not a guess or opinion. It's a fact from her own mouth.

I do NOT want to get looped in with a machine made, mass produced strap.

Thanks for the information - the NOS 6497's are getting quite rare, the engraving "Seventeen 17 Jewels Swiss" doesn't exist on modern ETA's.

The other replies are useful, and the 089 looks amazing with the Simona!

Seeing as the "Seventeen 17 Jewels Swiss" is the same font and color as the "Hamilton" engraving, I'd bet it was part of Hamilton's decoration specs. ;)