When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Funny customs story ...

lazarini

HEAR THIS HEAR THIS ...

Yesterday i received a note for customs that i need to drop by because of the shipment from US containing a watch bracelet.

I just came back from customs and is in my hand ... i payed no tax!

Heres what happened ... i came there course waited for cca good hour :( when came to the window and gave papers the guy asked me is there a bracelet in the box ... and why the value declared was =0?

I replayed that its a gift and contains a box and a spare link but no bracelet and for sure no watch ...

So he says : what kinda value are this items ?

And i go well u cant buy this in a shop i got it as my friend had a spare and did not use it so cant really put value on that ...

The customs guy say ... oka heres how we rolle ... ill send down a colleague who will open up the package with u ... if he determines value is over 45 euro u pay 19 percent tax ... if he determines its lover u can pick up the goods and go.

So i go 2 floors lover and wait for the other customs guy ... he comes in 5 minutes and asks the ladies at storage tu rip the pack open ... in the meantime asks me so u sure no watch there ... i smile and say im sure ...

The package gets open and he goes ulalal a Rolex box thats not cheap for sure ... me nothing ... he opens up finds in there on SS link for oyster bracelet , one green tag, one Rolex chronometer seal , and a Rolex polishing cloth ...

He looks at me and says this link is not White Gold is it ??? And me nope its an SS link sir :)

He says right ... but why bother u can get a after market replacement link like that in almost any watch shop here and i say yea but this one was for free and he goes thats cheap anyway china makes that :) ... i hat to change mine several times and points at his watch ... A SS ROLEX TURNOGRAPH DJ !!!!

And me eyes out he turns hand around and asap i saw the bracelet i knew it was FAKE all do styed cool and complimented the piece by saying : Thats a nice watch sir probably costs allot ...

THE customs guy turns to me and says heh not really becouse its a FAKE !!! And smiles ....

He says OKA we finished here ... u can have ure package ... have a nice day ... me still with a bit of confused face thx the guy and get outa there with my package ....

THIS MADE MY DAY :)

regards Laz

That is cool if it makes you laugh but it makes me mad when I see these guys walking around with a rep and menacing you of taxation because they suspect you have a rep in a box and made you come down to their office.

They just intercept reps and make people pay and they just keep them for themselves!

Jackals!

You didn't have to hand over any money (ransom) to claim what rightfully belongs to you, but you also had to spend several hours of your time and a endure lot of unneccessary stress to get it. The time and stress were a form of taxation in themselves.

Congrats on the outcome, and thanks for the story.

Hi corgi ... ure right i did not from the front but when he turn the hand around to expose the bracelet and explain me that its screwed in by screws etc i had good closeup on his modern jubilee bracelet ... the crown was completely off and the overall finish of the bracelet was questionable, that give me the hint ... then when i complimented the watch and said that it must have been expensive ... he was glad to proceed to tutor me that its a replica Rolex of low value ...

regards Laz

Interesting story & although it does not surprise me that customs personnel keep 'unclaimed' articles for themselves (that is common knowledge), I am VERY surprised to hear 1 of them being so willing to admit to doing so to a civilian. :g:

Based on your experience & the increasing number of packages I have received that have been 'Inspected for your protection' by US Customs & Border Security, I think that just as reps are beginning to enter a new phase of higher quality, governments are entering a new phase of greater intrusion & more effective monitoring of international shipments. This is why so many in the US are no longer willing to chance shipments of reps outside the continental US (CONUS).

Interesting story & although it does not surprise me that customs personnel keep 'unclaimed' articles for themselves (that is common knowledge), I am VERY surprised to hear 1 of them being so willing to admit to doing so to a civilian. :g:

Once I asked a cop in Barcelona for a light for a joint (on a dare - I was 17 and stupid). He took the joint, lit it up himself, took two long drags off of it, and gave it back to me.

Based on your experience & the increasing number of packages I have received that have been 'Inspected for your protection' by US Customs & Border Security, I think that just as reps are beginning to enter a new phase of higher quality, governments are entering a new phase of greater intrusion & more effective monitoring of international shipments. This is why so many in the US are no longer willing to chance shipments of reps outside the continental US (CONUS).

Freddy he did not admit to nothing about his replica DJ was from a seized items he just admitted its a replica ... all do i did not ask that either :)

but hey there is good reason to believe he got that from a confiscated package ...

regards Laz

Great story! You're quite lucky.

Around here they'd charge 50% tax, a fee for the phone call to me, a holding fee (per day), a labor fee for opening the box, an informational fee for discussing what's in it, and then steal it from you as you walk out the door.