When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tritium

klingsor

Theoretically, it should not be a problem to handle, mix or apply (as long as the material does not come into sustained contact with your skin). I believe that it was removed from the marketplace more to placate the public's fear of anything 'radioactive' rather than because of any real health concerns (when applied & used properly).

It was removed as it was used as a starter in nukes. It's also ideal as a terrorist dirty bomb. Not that it'd kill people, but it would scare the crap out of people when the words "radioactive dirty bomb" was read out on the news.

If you were found to be home-making tritium, you would have a lot of explaining to do to very scary people without a sense of humour.

It's not that it's dangerous (it can be in the quantities you can get, if you've got no real lab experience) but it's the sort of thing that scares the uneducated, especially those in government.

It was removed as it was used as a starter in nukes. It's also ideal as a terrorist dirty bomb. Not that it'd kill people, but it would scare the crap out of people when the words "radioactive dirty bomb" was read out on the news.

If you were found to be home-making tritium, you would have a lot of explaining to do to very scary people without a sense of humour.

It's not that it's dangerous (it can be in the quantities you can get, if you've got no real lab experience) but it's the sort of thing that scares the uneducated, especially those in government.

ok i will ask to BIN LADEN his info.... :rofl:

apart from exagerate thought ......the real reason was to avoid people outside professional use to be injuried by a long term use....

we probably have found some similar paint we are waiting info about....

Are you going to get the sampler pack? If so, I'll be very interested to see what you find.

I heard that The Zigmeister was using a combination of Tritium and Super-LumiNova in some of his watches (but he lives in Canada, where I guess you can get Tritium). I never heard how those watches turned out, but it would seem that the combination would give you the best of both pigments.

Honestly I would never even think of importing quantities or shipping quantities of Tritium into God's own country America. I doubt that the lovely Homeland Security would find that funny and would rather get you arrested. It's a highly controlled substance and dangerous, and as Pugwash correctly stated, it is possible to make a dirty bomb from it - in these days - nobody would believe you that you would want to get watches done. :)

Honestly I would never even think of importing quantities or shipping quantities of Tritium into God's own country America. I doubt that the lovely Homeland Security would find that funny and would rather get you arrested. It's a highly controlled substance and dangerous, and as Pugwash correctly stated, it is possible to make a dirty bomb from it - in these days - nobody would believe you that you would want to get watches done. :)

no matter ..i'm not in USA ...and i don't want to have a big quantity..... a dirty bomb need a big quantity....i suppose...

if i have some news i will write here

I know a court case of a European scientific laboratory that imported a quantitiy of old damaged rifle scopes from Russia back some time to extract the Tritium from the Night Vision. They got rewarded with a heavy prison fine. And no, there was neither a big quantity nor a large amount of scopes over a short period.

I know a court case of a European scientific laboratory that imported a quantitiy of old damaged rifle scopes from Russia back some time to extract the Tritium from the Night Vision. They got rewarded with a heavy prison fine. And no, there was neither a big quantity nor a large amount of scopes over a short period.

seems that due the law in my country i have no restriction about this..i'm taking info about

M is from Italy.

hi S...Doc ...i'm in a "secret country" ....ehhehehe

for first sorry for french friends here .... (2-0)

for the tritium paint

i'm taking info cause seems that for a little quantity for civil use it's allowed ...

in some industry process it can be used ...

i will have info in a short time

M

0K2MJ14F--346x212.jpg