When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM177H 44mm [censored] Luminor Marina - Asia Swan Neck

carphone

Hi All,

my brother is after a PANERAI for his birthday. he has asked me to help him choose one :-)

I am thinking of a:

PAM177H 44mm Titanium Luminor Marina - Asia Swan Neck

but it is quite a lot cheaper if i get it without a Swan Neck. ($228 with or $148 from Andrew)

What is a swan neck? Is it worth paying extra for?

I am open to other suggestions - i would like to buy him a 44mm version with a brown leather strap and is a bit of a classic / well known model.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

The gen uses a regulator to improve timekeeping, the rep is just for looks.

No one will see it unless he hands his watch to someone. If they know the brand, game over with or without the regulator.

I like the regulator, because I am still trying to fool my wrist into thinking I bought a gen.

I like the regulator, because I am still trying to fool my wrist into thinking I bought a gen.

You too?

I don't know what to tell you. Different flaws bother different people. What one person couldn't care less about might ruin the watch for another.

My 177H with swan neck-

DSC01454.jpg

DSC01452.jpg

thank you very much for the quick replies. can someone circle the swan neck on the above pics. Is there a side by side comparission available one with a swan neck and one with out.

Looks like a lovely watch so will go with this model. The question is do i order 2 - one for me lol

I do need a new rep, but then again dont you always he he

Dan

he will be 32 :-)

not sure how it got censored??? Just lucky i guess.

looking at the pics posted above compared with the non swan version on Andrews site the only difference i can see is in the detail in the movement at the top. Is this the case?

If thats all it is then he ca live with that i'm sure. - can spend the spare cash to get the watch waterproofed.

Thanks for all your replies so far

Dan

yeah t-i-t is censored

Oh my! :blink:

We are pretty puritan here, aren't we? :D

Hi All,

quick update on this. Apparently my bro would like a black strap - does anyone know if Andrew or Josh offer this style with a black strap. Or maybe i can buy a black strap seperately??

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

Should be no problem, I got a black reptile cown from Josh once as bonus material. However, if they don

What size strap is the original for this watch 20, 22 or 24mm?

Also will any size strap fit this watch?

Thanks again

Dan

44mm PAMS take a 24mm strap.

Yes. The 'size' is just the length of the (two-part hence X/Y) strap - depends on whether he has a large or small wrist. Average 7" wrist is fine with the standard 115/75 length.