When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How Do I Make The Bracelet For My Po Smaller?

bigmouth

Just received Andrew's 4th gen Omega Planet Ocean. It's a beautiful watch and i would like to wear it immediately but the bracelet is standard way too big for me. I guess i have to remove some links but how do I do that? I have never done that. Do I need special tools for that? Can someone please tell me what to do?

• 2 weeks later...

I've just got one of those tools from Reg.

Couple of questions.

What's the silver screw on the side for, and the moving bit it holds in place?

I'm also going to be resizing a PO bracelet but it has no arrows, how do I know which way I should be pushing?

Ta.

I've just got one of those tools from Reg.

Couple of questions.

What's the silver screw on the side for, and the moving bit it holds in place?

I'm also going to be resizing a PO bracelet but it has no arrows, how do I know which way I should be pushing?

Ta.

The small screw ajusts the height of the bed that the strap lies on, so that you can line up the pushy bit on the pin. Not absolutely necessary, but helpful... if you can be bothered to fiddle with it.

Using the tool:

1. Check that the bracelet is secured with pins, not screws. You won't believe how silly I felt when I discovered that I was trying to push screws out of my Omega bracelet... Doh! :animal_rooster:

2. Inspect the ends of the links through a loupe. Pins are *usually* just split-pins, so they show a solid face one end, and something that looks a little like a screw-head the other. This is the two legs of the split-pin shoved tightly together.

3. Align the tool so the the pushy-pin lines up against the legs of the split-pin - it has to come out plain side first. Advance the pushy-bit slowly and with care... if the pin does not move, you are doing something wrong. Stop, inspect, think...

4. Reassembly is the reverse. You may need a very small hammer to GENTLY drive the pins back into place - generally, I find that they can be pushed back, most of the way at least.

Edit to add... as your bracelet does not have any arrows, mark the "plain head" side of the bracelet, so you know which way to re-assemble it.

Just for laughs, my Omega came with arrows on the bracelet pointing one way, an arrow sticker pointing the other way... and was, as I said, held together with screws.

And they say that the Chinese are not out to get us. :lol:

I hope that this helps.

Edited by Highflyingclive