When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Super Sweet 16 - funny when it happens to them

azerbyjam

I feel that before I continue this thread I need to make the following statement. I do not watch "My Super Sweet 16" as rule, but have seen various episodes while staying with my girlfriend, last night's episode on MTV, happened to be on while I was waiting for dinner to cook. Please read on :)

For those of you fortunate enough to never have seen "My Super Sweet 16", allow me to first fill you in. It's a 30 minute Clearasil style advert, that follows the shallow lives of odious, obnoxious, spoilt, usually fat (the girls anyway), camp (the boys usually), snooty and sissy children, whose parents hard earned cash (or more likely hard won lotto win or compensation payout) is frivolously spent on an elaborate and tacky coming of age party, where the single objective is to show off this sickening amount of wealth to hordes of school

Oh dear, I have just watched a few snippets of this. Money aside, I can't imagine wanting to be in the company of people like this. Materialistic is one thing, obnoxious and self centred is a whole different kettle of fish. It makes me sick that people like this can have so much money, whilst in third world countries people are suffering so much....saturday rant over :) The one word that springs to mind is disillusioned!

As for the watch, what a [censored] haha

I am often heard saying "why are you watching that crap?" in our house when this particular programme is on. Good to see some watch content (and rep at that) but it aint enough to make me watch it. Now if people starting calling out the reps of obnoxious little gits in front of the peers it would definitely be worth watching.

My GF watches that show once in a while. There was one episode where the 16 year old boys theme was "james bond". I sat prone for a watch present to come about, but thankfully it never did.

ahaha I hope the little bastard thinks its real. ;)

I've also been subjected to the show when my wife's had controll of the remote, and, as mentioned above, they do tend to inspire me to want to commit a hate crime, so it's good to see that one of the punks has been scammed :D That said, I do like the idea of the invitations being random. Certainly saves the favortism and cliquishness of other episodes I've had the misfortune to be exposed to :D

You guys are all wimps. Fess up - you love that show. :laugh: I have watched more than one episode with my teenagers. Thank god they are laughing with me. Of course, it is truly disgusting at a whole lot of levels. The parents look sillier than the kids. But if you live in NYC, LA, London,etc and your kid is going to private school they actually go to these things quite frequently. But neither my son nor his friends wear watches. They wear blackberries. One kid looked at a PAM I was wearing and his comment was "cool, old school". :laugh: