When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

092 Arktos - updated with a new CG

fishgodeep

Just thought I'd share this with you ...

It's one of those watches that has a place in my box and on my wrist more regularly than some others ...

I love the dial (correct A's) detail on the engraving , date font , cyclops - it also stand high on the wrist due to the "antimagnetic" thicker case back ....

It shows what can be done when some of the makers put their minds to it!!!!

I HATE the rattle on the bezel and have lost the NW marker so had to cobble a replacement from a case clamp...

I stuck a new 1:1 CG on it as the crown on this watch has been made quite close to the genuine with a deep rehaut - so the lever on the CG fits perfectly and can be re-used on something else with ease.

I have been toying with the idea of the 252 NP - as Takashis review makes it sound great - and it doesn't have a rattle on the bezel which is the main bug bear....!!!

Has everyone found the same with their 252??

Cheers

Dust is a PITA when I take photos - sorry!!!

FGD

:fish:

P1020226.jpg

P1020229.jpg

P1020232.jpg

P1020231.jpg

P1020230.jpg

P1020233.jpg

No he's not!!... works like a charm too!!! :D;)

Yeap.. I don't disagree that it may work..

But when you have a proper cg made the gen way with the rubber part inside the pin and lever hole there is no need for a hot pistol :p

dsc02190sx8.jpg

Yeap.. I don't disagree that it may work..

But when you have a proper cg made the gen way with the rubber part inside the pin and lever hole there is no need for a hot pistol :p

dsc02190sx8.jpg

Can't argue that....Buy unfortunately, it's next to impossible to guarantee that level of quality on most reps, and in effect, the glue "fix" does create an effective replacement collar...I was able to tighten up my Arktos lever by just using a "C -clamp" to force the pin down flush to the CG surface...

IMG_6960.jpg

Here's how it looked before a little "tweaking"

IMG_5384.jpg

I have been toying with the idea of the 252 NP ...

Today i had a gen PAM252 in my hands and that Kostas CG would fit sooo nicely on the ultimate PAM252 North Pole!!! The gen was awesome... same blue as the ultimate, also 60 click bezel (no rattling though), subdial was more recessed on the gen, magnification and lupe size are pretty much the same... i'm exited already as i plan to do the same thing with my Kostas CG :D

I agree with Yello.

Please look closely at the magnifying glass on this PAM092 and compare it with 252. They are of different quality IMHO.

Sorry... can't confirm. Maybe the angle of the pictures.

Bezel click is exactly 60 like on the gen. The drawbacks are very few (i.e.: lume out of box, slightly recessed subdial and the flappy CG with a bit of gap vertically). A nice replacement CG (i.e.: gen/aftermarket) will boost this watch closer to gen but seriously... the rep is excellent down to AR coating.

PS: Awesome CG! Me likey, a lot.