When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Planet Ocean: Rubber Strap VS Steel Bracelet

alienfromneptune

I'm planning on purchasing a Gen SMPO.

Awesome Watch. I have to thank all the guys here who have provided so much great information on

this watch and all the other watches I went through to Finally decide on the SMPO.

Now one last thing remains and that is the Strap.

If I decide to sell the watch in a year or two which one do you think would sell easier?

I guess this is a popularity question in a sense.

What should I go with... The Rubber Strap which looks awesome.

The Steel Bracelet which looks great as well.... Or Maybe a Leather Srap? :blink: I don't know!

Guys Can you help me out with this?

Thanks,

Personally I would buy it on the bracelet, and then purchase the rubber as an extra, it works out slightly cheaper doing it that way around. That way you can swap and change.

I think it would sell just as easily on the rubber or the bracelet, there is a market for both.

If you are considering selling it in a years time, it might be worth buying second hand, that way if you do, you won't lose as much money, they are quite frequently sold on TZ

Personally I would buy it on the bracelet, and then purchase the rubber as an extra, it works out slightly cheaper doing it that way around. That way you can swap and change.

I think it would sell just as easily on the rubber or the bracelet, there is a market for both.

If you are considering selling it in a years time, it might be worth buying second hand, that way if you do, you won't lose as much money, they are quite frequently sold on TZ

I concur on all points.

I always buy my watches with the bracelet and add rubber or leather later. Bracelets are ridiculously expensive to purchase separately. Gen rubber and leather is pricey as well, but nowhere near the cost of the bracelet. Unless you get an outstanding deal on a rubber equipped watch, go with the bracelet!

Guys I appreciate All your feedback. I finally Decided to Get the Gen with the Steel Bracelet. I will also get the Rubber

Strap with it separately as well, They are selling on Ebay for only about $100.

Good Deal I think! :)

THanks again.

I'd agree with all the previous posts, and congrats on your decision, but I'd be wary of rubber straps that are on ebay, particularly at $100; you can source the gen strap from Ofrei for $176 plus $22 for the buckle.

Guys I appreciate All your feedback. I finally Decided to Get the Gen with the Steel Bracelet. I will also get the Rubber

Strap with it separately as well, They are selling on Ebay for only about $100.

Good Deal I think! :)

THanks again.

You did the right choice. Even if you don't wear the bracelet. When it will come to sell, if it's the case some day, you will be able to sell the watch with a better value, even more if you don't wear the bracelet at all and it's like new (hint, remove it when you will receive your watch).