When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

almost finished skeleton pvd

fotoman

well, i took a major step forward in my skeleton project today, 1. sent crystal to chieftang for AR -and 2. got my custom hornback strap from HKTan

so here we go - new strap, new deployant buckle no crystal, but, thats what it will look like anyway ;) wish i could get one of those custom pvd T's skeletons, but don't have the cash to spare on that right now.

pvd4nw8.jpg

pvd1hu5.jpg

pvd2an2.jpg

pvd3hn3.jpg

skeleton + double AR = :D , what good is a skeleton movement without double AR????? LOOKS GREAT! (I doubt it will look any different with the crystal)

thats the idea :)

it was actually AR'd a few months ago but didn't come out well, so this is a redo.

You got me started on this crazy train :) its been a fun ride - but, man, these custom projects are never easy on the pocketbook :)

That one is definitely a work of art in progression. Looked nice before, now.... Wow.

After seeing your original post last year I hunted down an old Dsn rad pvd case for a project skeleton. Fingers have been poised to T for his recent offering.

wow looks great with that strap. actually got one of these in the mail yesterday been wearing it on the black bracelet it came with all day. Got more compliments than any other watch i have ever worn!

WOW....where did you get this watch from?

Great project.. the thing this brings to mind is the possibility of a Richard Mille replica, Given the importance of the movement in those I can see skelatoning and PVD coating movement parts being the next big thing if we ever get a decent case to start with.

Looks great, good AR on a skeleton is a must, I have one from T but yours is more subversive!

@Joe: The problem is without the dial and the spring washer to hold down the hour wheel, when it is inverted the hour wheel can slide up and disconnect from the minute wheel. Perhaps pressing the minute hand lower will keep the hour wheel in place?

thanks everyone - in response to questions

1. not sure how the wheel stays in place, but it was designed to not have a dial, so i assume something keeps it in place :)

2. this project is now from so many different places, T case and hands, Android watch co movement, HKtan strap, panatime buckle and soon tobe chieftanged ar

I think its now in the 700 range of actual cost, not counting the other movements and straps and buckles i tried first