When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

67 years watch returned to owner.

baglc1

I dont buy it. The watch was nearly 70 years in salt water and its still working? My father in law was also in WWII and he bought a gold Bulova which I now have in my posession. I spent 300 bucks getting the watch to tick and it never saw one minute of water. Gold Bulovas from that period were NOT very waterproof.

It was in 2007, that the watch was retrieved while the harbour was being dredged.

It was a detailed entry in a log book by the deputy harbour master in 1941 that made the staff to send the watch back to the address left by Bacon.

My guess is that someone with the harbormaster had it repaired prior to returning it.

70 years of barnacles.... :lol:

At RWG1 they bought this story hook, line, and, sinker. When I called them gullible they called me a cynic.

You are still visiting RWG1? :D

Boy, it seems like a long time ago... :)

Good story, though. Nice to read such histories, like the fisherman who drops his watch in the water and later buys the fish who has his watch in the stomach...

My father was in WWII and just turned 90. He STILL has an Omega (Deville, I think) that he bought during the war. It's not been through 70 years of salt water, but it's still running just right. The only thing changed on it was the band.

He promised it to me in the will...but, I may have to fight my older brother for it. We'll see. B)

Cool story anyway.

Bingo!

Heres the link if anyone wants a look....

Bulova comes back from the dead....

Daily Mail is a rag - MAYBE one step up from the National Inquirer. They are not exactly a credible source of hard news.

Here is their editor's pick for the number three slot in their Top Six stories of the day:

Six feet washed up on the same shore in ten months. Freak coincidence, or is it more sinister?

Why do people believe everything they read?