When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who has got one of the new HBB All Black

MADRED7

Dear All,

I am currently wearing my old HBB standard model again...and I do like the watch.

Yesterday I surfed the sites and found the HBB All Black ... several dealers offer this watch within a pricerange of 415$ up to 1,028$

Anyone of you have yet bought this baby???? I am intersted but don

from what i know, the clasp is different and the strap. the strap seems to be made of lower quality rubber and the clasp doesnt open as easy as on the expensive one.

but honestly, i held both, the expensive and the cheap ones in my own bare hands on our last GTG (one from taka and one from Pix), and the only difference you could notice was the clasp and maybe the dial (the cf was less visible on the cheap one). but since the watch in question does not even have a cf dial, it should be the same.

i couldnt even tell the difference between the pvd and the ceramic bezel (both were brushed, with the polished one i think you will notice some difference, but not with the brushed one).

i cannot see how they justify 1000$ vs. 400$, because there is no real difference quality wise (except for the clasp, but some might like a clasp more that doesnt open as easy).

1000$ is pure scam. for 1000$ you could get a used car or a mac book. we are talking about a replica here afterall.

Guest Sql_pl

Hmm again similar tastes Theo....

I have also been thinking about the all black recently.

It is funny how many members used to shout everywhere that when All Black is out they will buy it in a heartbeat, blah blah blah and now that it is out seems like nobody got one.

Wonder how it looks like in real life.

It is funny how many members used to shout everywhere that when All Black is out they will buy it in a heartbeat, blah blah blah and now that it is out seems like nobody got one.

its becasue they have glaring and BIG flaws.

Why buy a 1000$ watch when its wrong case material and date window`?

if you have shitt loads of cash then ok buy it, but its not a smart buy.

Cheers

@ Dani

....you must read the entire post befor you make statements like the above.....we are talking about the 400$ ALL BLACK.

If you are only on the hunt for 100% reps.....well, you end up with no watch :p

I like the watch and I am about to purchase one.

...and to stress this again...you should really improve your behaviour or someone will say...... :bye1:

Where are the members with an ALL BLACK?????? Show me your pics please!

Theo

Well if they got the date window correct I'd probably pull the trigger. Maybe there is a way to tint the white as gray, I could live with that. Does anyone have any ideas?

@ Dani

....you must read the entire post befor you make statements like the above.....we are talking about the 400$ ALL BLACK.

If you are only on the hunt for 100% reps.....well, you end up with no watch :p

I like the watch and I am about to purchase one.

...and to stress this again...you should really improve your behaviour or someone will say...... :bye1:

Where are the members with an ALL BLACK?????? Show me your pics please!

Theo

stress what?if no one provoces me then will be alright dude or shoud i say pricky just kidding ;)

400$ for a wrong case,date wheel and more is not a good buy so hens my warning.

But i woud think its posibel to get the all ceramic black magic and mod the dw in some way so its black/black?

Then use a the dial from the all black?

Cheers

Thats an interesting thought....but I believe that the factories should get that right.

A black/black datewindow cannot be that hard to do.

As someone stated above....I can live with the white date.....but still 400$ for that one compared to the new ROO sec@12 for 570$ is now seen in a different light :D

I pass the HBB and jump on that ROO train...

cheers, Theo

Thats an interesting thought....but I believe that the factories should get that right.

A black/black datewindow cannot be that hard to do.

As someone stated above....I can live with the white date.....but still 400$ for that one compared to the new ROO sec@12 for 570$ is now seen in a different light :D

I pass the HBB and jump on that ROO train...

cheers, Theo

Humm i did the same. ;)

But i em thinking of the all ceramic HBB it seems as a good buy but who nows what is lurking in the woods on that one.

Well if they got the date window correct I'd probably pull the trigger. Maybe there is a way to tint the white as gray, I could live with that. Does anyone have any ideas?

Small warning - changing datewheel on HBBs (or any other rep with this movement) is not as easy as on regular 7750. Thing is, all the gears that are used to move minute totalizer to 3-o-clock are over DW, so you need to take all that apart, so that you can access DW. Just in case you decide to do it yourself ;)

regards

Small warning - changing datewheel on HBBs (or any other rep with this movement) is not as easy as on regular 7750. Thing is, all the gears that are used to move minute totalizer to 3-o-clock are over DW, so you need to take all that apart, so that you can access DW. Just in case you decide to do it yourself ;)

regards

How about "tinting" the white numbers with some sort of gray wash" I'm not sure what we would use but I think it could work. Any ideas??

How about "tinting" the white numbers with some sort of gray wash" I'm not sure what we would use but I think it could work. Any ideas??

I've been thinking about this this week and it could be done with a grey felt tip from an art shop. My local one does packs of 5 with varying shades of grey from light to almost black. I think that would do it.

I've been thinking about this this week and it could be done with a grey felt tip from an art shop. My local one does packs of 5 with varying shades of grey from light to almost black. I think that would do it.

Great idea. Actually I have a bunch grayscale markers in my studio I think i'm going to pull the trigger on the $400 timeshop version.

OKey, Okey... I'm just sitting and looking. I think that I'm a strange man to buy black watch with all black... and black ...full black...

I will make photos as soon as I came home... but - what do You mean - "white date" - white numbers or datewheel?

Anyway I have got black with white numbers...

went to my local dealer for porsche flat6- but have bought black hublot... why? :)