When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 1570 stem

dalayclass

Yes- Stem thread should be Tap10- Same thread and diameter between a DJ and Sub.

The length of the stem, however, may be an issue. Since a DJ has a 36mm case and a Sub/SD has a 40mm-ish case, you may need a longer stem.

As for date disc... I may have a silver one somewhere...

The stems are the same, but the DJ & Seadweller cases are different dimensions, so you will probably need to trim the stem to fit the case. I purchased a set of 3 new 1570 stems from ebay. I think they cost something like $35 for the set. The stem was fit with a gen Triplock 702 crown/tube. Unfortunately, I misplaced the dial screws (the 2 screws that clamp the dial feet inside the movement) when I overhauled the movement, so I have not been able to complete the project (with gen silver flat-3 DW) yet.

ziggifieddial0041.jpg

So if anyone has a spare pair of 1570 dial screws, please let me know.

dial screws can be had from rolex. just pop into your AD and ask them. small parts like that they can usually get without much trouble at all, they just call the local service centre and get it sent across.

its actually usually simple enough to get them to get misc things like screws or spring bars.

ive got a few here but im not parting with them as they are easily lost and i hate having to wait for new ones to come in with a watch in pieces. patience is not my strongest point

in true rolex style though they arent cheap. over $30 per screw at last reckoning i think from memory. they have a standard screw price it seems as movement clamp screws were the same price as i got some at the same time

i'll see if i can dig out my parts scan and get you the number for the screws as it might help you.

TWS -- Thanks, but US ADs do not stock or sell Rolex parts 'over the counter'. They refer you (me) to Rolex, which does not sell parts (to retail customers) in the US either. I have had the screws on back-order from Jules Borel for over 2 months & I was told yesterday that it will be at least another few weeks & they cannot guarantee that. Like you, patience is not my strongest point either, so I am trying other options.