When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does Your Shaft Wobble ?

Chronus

I've got the IWC GST Chrono (titanium), and when I pull out the crown, it seems very wobbly. Is this a common occurence, or is it just that my shaft wobbles a lot?

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... :blink:

Edited by Chronus

Sorry bout the topic title, I just couldn't help myself :lol: *fits of uncontrollable laughter* :lol:

I'm just feeling silly... :bleh:

But the question about the IWC GST Chrono still stands... :g:

You couldn't help yourself. Uh huh.....yeah.....right.

But to answer your question, the crown on my GST also wobbles. I can't tell whether the shaft wobbles, because the crown tube itself does not wobble and blocks my view of the shaft. But it seems as if the wobble has to do with how the crown is connected to the shaft. At least that has been my guess.

My asian SMP GMT had a bent crown stem right where it entered the crown..bugged me a lot because it took a lot of effort not to cross-thread it when locking it down.

I eventually took it out and used some pliers to bend it back as straight as I could. Worked like a charm.

My 090 wobbles a slight bit, but since PAMs have their unique locking mechanism, it doesn't bug me at all.

Maybe you shouldn't pull it so hard....................Sorry i couldn't resist.

But seriously, I don't have the IWC, but i notice on many ETA reps the stem (which is the clinical term for the shaft) wobbles a bit on some watches. I also notice that the dial also wobbles. Sometimes it is the whole movement that is loose inside the case thus making the entire inside of the watch wobble.

I've got the IWC GST Chrono (titanium), and when I pull out the crown, it seems very wobbly. Is this a common occurence, or is it just that my shaft wobbles a lot?

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... :blink:

I believe there's medication that will cure a wobbly shaft. As far as your watch is concerned, I don't think the pills will help :Jumpy: