When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any way of dealing with rotor noise and it spinning to freely

My favorite watch. Daytona A7750 is beautiful the only problem with it is whenever I move my wrist abruptly I can feel and hear the rotor spinning wildly

...Is there a way to tighten it a bit so the rotor turns like my regular automatic watches...Maybe the rotor is too light...

Any thoughts on this...

My favorite watch. Daytona A7750 is beautiful the only problem with it is whenever I move my wrist abruptly I can feel and hear the rotor spinning wildly

...Is there a way to tighten it a bit so the rotor turns like my regular automatic watches...Maybe the rotor is too light...

Any thoughts on this...

don't know about tightening it.. but on the other thread in Watch repair and upgrade.. i just lubed the bearings in the rotor and that silenced it.. it feels like the A7750 counter weight is not as balanced as the Swiss version.. feels a little "top heavy" compared to the swiss..

7750 movements are uni-directional winding automatic movements, so when the rotor turns one way it is winding up the movement/mainspring, because of the resistance of winding up the mainspring etc, no rotor spinning occours hence no noise. When the rotor moves the other direction there is little resistance thus the rotor spins freely that results in rotor wobble noise.

This behavior is to specification and should not be remedy by attempting to tighten the rotor or greasing up the bearings. My advice leave the movement as is. As Lanikai stated the Swiss is said to be more silent then the Asia 7750, but never the less produces rotor wobble/spin noise.

I wouldn't worry about the rotor making noise either. I have a gen Sinn 303 which has a well tuned Swiss 7750 and the rotor free spins like the dickens and you can definitely feel the weight of the rotor when you shake your wrist. It keeps time with in a few seconds a month, so you know there is nothing wrong with it!

No, Lani is right as far as I know. It spins too freely because of lack of resistance, that's true. But, oiling adds just enough resistance to get rid of this. The Zigmeister explained this to me when I had this problem and it got better after being lubed.