When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

hublot bezel too shiny

rblippy

I just received a Hublot from Mark. It says the bezel is ceramic. I have my doubts. It is very shiny (plastic looking).

Does anyone know of a process to dull it down, making it more real?

Thanks

Maybe you should have ordered the brushed ceramic bezel then, not the polished one? ;)

The polished ceramic bezel has a very shiny, gloss finish, as you would expect. I doubt you can change/alter it's finish, but maybe you could ask for a trade with another member, who want to swap their brushed bezel for your polished one? Worth a shot at least.....

Could you post some pictures? I am sure Watchmark would love a dealer review too! ^_^

Cheers! B)

polished ceramic is shiny like glass. I like the brushed ceramic much better. If you dont like it then i am sure someone here would trade you. Different strokes for different folks ;)

dizz

Interesting - I've also thought about my ceramic (polished) bezel looking a bit plastic. There are numerous tiiiny hairline scratches on it, if inspected very closely with bright light shining right on, which seems fishy to me since real ceramic is supposed to be totally unscratchable? Or do these microscopic hairlines exist even on "real" ceramic?

(About the watch itself: I think i have the V2; it has a screw-down crown, deeper cf dial (much more gen looking) and better datefont.)

Any members with polished bezels care to chime in?

Cheers!

Pedro

My polished ceramic bezel looks like glass,has no scratches and I wear it all the time.

I have version 1 (push down crown)maybe 2nd factory version does notuse the real deal bezels.

A member here(sorry,can't remember who) attempted toscratch thebacksideof his ceramic bezel with ascrewdriver blade and determined it was impossible to scratch, that was also a version 1.

If nothing else Angus will sellseperately the brushed ceramic bezelon its own if you want to upgrade.

Cheers,

M

Interesting - I've also thought about my ceramic (polished) bezel looking a bit plastic. There are numerous tiiiny hairline scratches on it, if inspected very closely with bright light shining right on, which seems fishy to me since real ceramic is supposed to be totally unscratchable? Or do these microscopic hairlines exist even on "real" ceramic?

(About the watch itself: I think i have the V2; it has a screw-down crown, deeper cf dial (much more gen looking) and better datefont.)

Any members with polished bezels care to chime in?

Cheers!

Pedro

I am with mreynolds here. Have the version with pull down crown and polished ceramic bezel. Unscratchable.

Same can be said for brushed ceramic.

Looks like plastic? Not at all, the black is "ceramic" black and different from a non ceramic version (PVD version). Now I can tell which one is real ceramic and which one is not by the shades of black.

Look at the black and compare it to the strap/dial. It looks different, isn't it?

DSCN1600.jpg

I am with mreynolds here. Have the version with pull down crown and polished ceramic bezel. Unscratchable.

Same can be said for brushed ceramic.

Looks like plastic? Not at all, the black is "ceramic" black and different from a non ceramic version (PVD version). Now I can tell which one is real ceramic and which one is not by the shades of black.

Look at the black and compare it to the strap/dial. It looks different, isn't it?

DSCN1600.jpg

Thanks for your answers! So even up-close with very bright lighting, you're not even able to detect small hairline scratches?

Hm, I wonder what kind of material my polished bezel is then...? Any ideas? I think it's a v2 - it has an extremely textured dial (cf), but screw out crown.

My polished ceramic bezel looks like glass,has no scratches and I wear it all the time.

I have version 1 (push down crown)maybe 2nd factory version does notuse the real deal bezels.

A member here(sorry,can't remember who) attempted toscratch thebacksideof his ceramic bezel with ascrewdriver blade and determined it was impossible to scratch, that was also a version 1.

If nothing else Angus will sellseperately the brushed ceramic bezelon its own if you want to upgrade.

Cheers,

M

I do have the version 1 polished bezel, this thing is perfect, its like a mirror and very nice looking.