When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Top-10 Quality Replicas...

By-Tor

I'm not a movement expert, but from what I heard is that there are no current automatic movements with the seconds dial @3 and the date @6. I hope one day the rep makers ar eable to make an Asian 2894....

My first rep was actually a quartz version of the black Monaco Chrono. The dial was reasonable, but the date wheel was white instead of black, the shape of the chrono pushers were wrong and I think the dimension of the case was also off. Too bad.... It's still one of my favorite watches I'd really like to see repped!

Here's a nice link with a nice Monaco collection: http://www.thewatchquote.com/Tag-Heuer-Mon...age-No_5462.htm

ok pardon my ignorance coz im new to this rep world stuff.. but when was the asian valjoux 7750 invented?

I would be more than content with a vintage 7734 based Heuer Monaco... Even more so than with a modern 2894 based version...

:)

I bet you would buy then both the black version and the blue Steve McQueen version just like you did with the 2 Ubified daytonas??? ;)

Would make some nice pics: the daytona's, the PP/AP and the 2 Monaco's :thumbsupsmileyanim:

ok pardon my ignorance coz im new to this rep world stuff.. but when was the asian valjoux 7750 invented?

The Asian 7750 has been around for a while, but doesn't have the dial/date configuration suitable for a Monaco.

It seems very difficult for the rep makers to copy an ETA 2892 let alone the 2894 chrono version of it ......

Are you Dutch by the way? :rolleyes:

The Asian 7750 has been around for a while, but doesn't have the dial/date configuration suitable for a Monaco.

It seems very difficult for the rep makers to copy an ETA 2892 let alone the 2894 chrono version of it ......

Are you Dutch by the way? :rolleyes:

lol nah.. i just like avb.. btw yeh.. they did repped the 7750.. aren't they even trying to rep other movements? something like the el primero cal 400... ouft that'll be a dream come true if they ever rep that movement!

A two-tone chronomat evolution but with TWO TONE BRACELET as well would be very tempting for me...

I personally don't have an extensive and precise list like yours. There are just a few things I would like to see come out of the replica community in general...

1. More Breguet models

2. At least one Blancpain model.

3. Mont Blanc fountain pen with correct nib, or at least a nib that doesn't say "PARIS" (It's a German product)

4. Reliable Daytona with seconds at six.

5. More accessories. Rolex boxes for submariners, daytonas... not just datejusts! (These exist!). Mont Blanc wallets, money clips, keychains. Cartier fashion accessories... Branded display stands, hang tags for rare brands, boxes for rare brands etc. (Many of these things exist... in large quantities. Most of them would sell very very well....)

Those are all amazing reps but for me the Zenith El Primero has to stand out. I can't believe this amazing piece has not been replicated yet at a high standard like some other watches...AN ABSOLUTELY AMAZING WATCH! WOW!

Hey do they hold those votes for which watches they would like replicated any more?

post-6286-1184733474_thumb.jpg

lol nah.. i just like avb.. btw yeh.. they did repped the 7750.. aren't they even trying to rep other movements? something like the el primero cal 400... ouft that'll be a dream come true if they ever rep that movement!

The Primero being repped would really be a dream. Imagine all the possibilities...

Unfortunately, from what I've heard from the movement experts here is that that would really be mission impossible. The Primero is even a more complicated movement than the 2894.

Maybe it's not only a technical issue, but also an economical. There are way more parts involved that need to be copied and redesigned. And maybe they even need to change the production line in the factory as well. All in all a huge investment what probably would lead to a too expensive movement for an average rep.

But this is just speculation from my site...

The Primero being repped would really be a dream. Imagine all the possibilities...

Unfortunately, from what I've heard from the movement experts here is that that would really be mission impossible. The Primero is even a more complicated movement than the 2894.

Maybe it's not only a technical issue, but also an economical. There are way more parts involved that need to be copied and redesigned. And maybe they even need to change the production line in the factory as well. All in all a huge investment what probably would lead to a too expensive movement for an average rep.

But this is just speculation from my site...

yeh i understand that.. but then again they did rep the 7750.. and they repped the tourbillons.. but i guess lets not expect too much.. :(.. i would love the primeros tho.. or at least.. something like the primero with 36000bph beat and correct subdial spacing (kinda like what they did with the 28800 asian eta movement)

yeh i understand that.. but then again they did rep the 7750.. and they repped the tourbillons.. but i guess lets not expect too much.. :( .. i would love the primeros tho.. or at least.. something like the primero with 36000bph beat and correct subdial spacing (kinda like what they did with the 28800 asian eta movement)

Hmmm, if they could only produce a reliable asian 7753 and a version with seconds @6 for starters, that would make us all happy..... :g:

But I still want that Monaco, hahaha :D

Hmmm, if they could only produce a reliable asian 7753 and a version with seconds @6 for starters, that would make us all happy..... :g:

But I still want that Monaco, hahaha :D

asian 7753 indeed! is the subdial spacing on the 7753 suitable for daytona? coz if it is.. ouft they'll make break even point in their manufacturing in no time.. ALOT of ppl will buy it..

Those are all amazing reps but for me the Zenith El Primero has to stand out. I can't believe this amazing piece has not been replicated yet at a high standard like some other watches...AN ABSOLUTELY AMAZING WATCH! WOW!

Hey do they hold those votes for which watches they would like replicated any more?

Narikaa was selling that one not too long ago.