When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Timepiece or Jewelry ?

lanikai

the release of the APROO replication has made me reevaluate my passion for timepieces... specifically ..

Should I consider this a valued "Timepiece" or a (genuine) fashion piece that is overstated and should be worn as one would wear a "Bracelet" ...

wristshots089ebel031db1.jpg

if you are very large in limbs and stature and this piece looks apropos to your wrist .. then you would not give it a second thought.. but the average "Human" does not have the ROO in mind when thinking in terms of "timepiece"

It is a XXXL size .. bulky ... not practical... and shouts out for attention... definitely not an everyday wear.. even in the corporate world..

so should this be worn as a jewelry accessory ?? ... like a night out ... dressed for the night ? should it be worn as a bracelet.. as the style is "loose "... almost falling of your wrist...

Am I getting caught up in the "hype" of what's .."IN" in this era ??.. because wearing it as a watch has me looking at it not in appreciation like the vintage pieces.. but rather with the thought of "OMG that is friggin huge ,.. bulky and hilarious looking.. I'm thinking this watch needs sleeves.. so what that is saying is.. "I'm trying to justify waring it".. or maybe it's just me..today..tomorrow will be different..

what's your thought's ??

wear as a watch or a jewelrybracelet ??? Or What :unsure:

wristshots089ebel041au0.jpg

After all, aren't watches truly functional jewelry, isn't that why we have som many different styles in our collections?

Wear it however and whenever your mood suits you - just please don't wear it bangle bracelet loose I find that to be a very self-conscious, affected look and besides, your gorgeous watch will get banged up and scratched that way.

Funny that you mention this. I've always liked the design of the RO chrono, but seeing rappers like Jay-Z affiliated with this brand, it unfortunately has become more of a fashion statement. Nevertheless it looks great on your wrist! So if I were you I wouldn't mind and wear it whenever you feel like it ;)

What kind of watch belongs in what corporate setting has been a topic of discussion here many times. This particular timepiece is, in my opinion, no more attention-grabbing then a 49mm Railmaster, Fiddy, or Bentley - all of which are popular and worn regularly by many people. Bottom line in my opinion, if you find it comfortable and it looks good on you, go for it. Life is too short getting worried about what others think about your watch. If you like wearing your AP ROO Lanikai then wear it to your hearts content and know that you have my full support!