When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ebel--An unhealthy addiction?

Deltick

I've had 2 quartz Ebels too... loved them both. The quartz BTR is actually quite nice rep, but it's a bit too thin for my tastes.

BTR 1911 with 7750 will be my next watch... as soon as I figure out which version I want. :)

My old ones:

flashlight.jpg

title1.jpg

• 6 months later...

Deltick - very nice collection...i think the quartz models are soooooo sweet...

Of the five in your picture, which one do you feel is the best combination?...i know this is a matter of taste, but i am curious if you have a preference...

i am looking at three quartz models right now and having a hard time deciding...

1) black dial, red hands, polished steel bezel, steel bracelet

post-16947-1231821540_thumb.jpg

2) black dial, red hands, black bezel, black leather strap with red stitching

post-16947-1231821563_thumb.jpg

3) white dial, yellow hands, polished steel bezel, dark brown leather strap with yellow stitching

post-16947-1231821583_thumb.jpg

4) white dial, yellow hands, black bezel, steel bracelet...

post-16947-1231821608_thumb.jpg

i know these ebels have a nice steel bracelet, but i am leaning toward #3 above...second choice is #4, above...i can't find #3 with a steel bracelet...in quartz...have you seen this combination?...likewise, the black dial, black bezel, steel band with either red or yellow hands - but i prefer yellow dial...have you seen this combo, too?...

how is the AR on these models?...if it's light AR, i'm figuring the white dials will have less reflection than the black ones...

is the black bezel a rubber'ish compond?...

where did you source yours...i am looking at watcheden...

thanks for your help/advice/etc...

anyone else with a preference, please weigh in...

R-

Nice Ebel collection! There's something very appealing in Ebel watches that you dont find in other brands. Its the elegant yet sporty design, looks great in any occasion and suits many wrist sizes. I like it as it has a brushed finishing in most places yet retains some polished surfaces in some. This is my very first rep and its a Ebel... guess i'm hooked on Ebel watches too! :p

2008_01010002.jpg

calling all you ebel fans, out there... :whistling:

any advice/commentary on the 4 ebel quartz models i listed?...going quartz for this one...

kinda leaning toward the white face dial...and even though the steel bracelet is sharp, i like the brown leather with yellow stitching...nice detail...

and with the face almost all white, with various textured dials, i think it looks quietly sporty/elegant...

R-

Ebel has used those screws on the bezel since 1970's. Dunno if AP used them first though.

Not a fan of full gold watches (generally), but I'd love to have this classic 1911 Chronograph in full gold (or two tone). There's something in the design that really attracts me. Never figured it out what it is. Perfectly balanced watch (imho).

Ebel-1215495.jpg

Deltick and others --

Dials and Bezels?!?!...After looking at Ebel's until my eyes are glassy :blink: , i seem to have sorted out my preference...

I am wondering what others think...

Looking at the quartz versions, with the stainless steel bracelet, I feel that that these are the best combos:

1. white dial, polished ss bezel

2. black dial, black bezel

Thoughts?!...

Re: Ebel 1911 Discovery chronograph automatic - anyone know where to get one similar to the one in By-Tor's excellent pinned review?...

R-