When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help! How do I get on Ziggy's "List"

AndreasK

Hey Everyone,

I have been enjoying this board for almost a year now and have learned a tremendous amount! This board has also cost me alot of $ as I have bought over 10 reps based on the reviews provided by the members here! :D I am having my first problems with any off my purchases (Graham Chronofighter) and I want to send it to The Zigmeister for servicing. The problem is (as I'm sure you know) he's not accepting any new clients without on of his current clients "recommending" them. My question is can any of his current clients help me out and "recommend" me? I know you don't know me from Adam, but I promise not to skip an appointment and make you look bad. I am only looking to get my watch serviced by a tusted source. Thanks in advance for you help!

Regards,

Andreas

I am afraid that The Zigmeister is sticking pretty tight with his prefered list. You must be a previous client of his that has done some work with him in the past. He is not taking on any new work until November anyhow. I would suggest you checking on RG to see if there are any modders who could help you out. You can also try sending him a PM here. He checks in time to time but not too frequently. I would also suggest that you contact the dealer you got the watch from to see if you can send it back for repair. Our trusted dealers here are usually pretty good to address any issues you are having. Good luck.

find your local watchmakers buy going to jewelry marketplaces )no AD's) - you may find a stand alone watchmaker who is willing to work on reps. I have found one - and there are plenty of stories of others.

Its a little bit of a risk as you don't know of their quality -

However, i seeing as i know of the actual reputation of some of the other "modifiers" on the other boards. I would trust none of them with a movement - so your no worse off

find your local watchmakers buy going to jewelry marketplaces )no AD's) - you may find a stand alone watchmaker who is willing to work on reps. I have found one - and there are plenty of stories of others.

Its a little bit of a risk as you don't know of their quality -

However, i seeing as i know of the actual reputation of some of the other "modifiers" on the other boards. I would trust none of them with a movement - so your no worse off

I agree. It is risky....

The good ones dont usually work on reps. The bad or less qualified ones sometimes do, but God knows what the outcome or fix will be.

We need more The Zigmeisters .... the more we have (preferrably spread around the globe), the better for the community as a whole.

I am a well-established member here with over 1,500 posts and excellent business dealings with many board dealers; I also visit the site more than once a day. The Zigmeister is yet to acknowledge my existence despite my attempts at contacting him even before he set up the magical list.

All I can say is good luck sir.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Are you trying to get on his "[censored] list" or his customer list?

Lets just say one is MUCH easier to get on than the other!

It's the biggest problem we have. There is hardly anybody out there who can be trusted to work on our reps.

The question of servicing and repairs has been asked countless times and I don't think anyone has ever come up with a viable The Zigmeister alternative-and certainly not in the EU.

It does make you ponder why anybody buys reps when it is a certainty that sooner or later they will require servicing or repair and yet there is nobody to do it. Having had a load of problems I am seriously considering only buying reps that have a movement that can easily be replaced, like the 21j, or plain quartz. Sure it limits me, but at least I won't end up with a draw full of mechanical junk.

If you go down the road of looking for a local watchmaker- many are likley more familliar with the low grade reps and from past experince know it is more hassle trying to argue the point with a whinging client who is crying cos his POS rep couldn't be repaired despite best efforts due to crap movement and no spare parts availability.

You will discover, in many cases that once they find there is an ETA inside they will happily take your business.

Hope all goes well...