When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Doubts about Yachtmaster noobversion....

ChanelJ12

I would buy a Rolex Yachtmaster noobversion but I have a doubt.....

Reading on the various topics I read that there isn't a version of Yachtmaster noobversion with ETA movement!!!! I sent a mail to eurotimez but He told me that there is also a version of Yachtmaster noobversion with ETA movement!!!!

Now my question is: Rolex Yachtmaster with ETA movement will be a noobversion????

• 1 month later...

I read about this last week- to quickly paraphrase- there are two cases- large and smaller, if they put the wrong crystal in the larger case, maybe it sits too low- basically flush with the bezel. Yuck, what do you do- send it back or live with it- those are your two choices. Maybe someone else can pull up the topic- it's only a week or so old.

My crystal sits almost flush as well, and my dial is yellow compared to others I've seen and the gen (my dad has one). This stuff is starting to bug me more and more. Is anyone selling correct color dials??

I read in this forum Angus at Pure Time has an updated dial that is more silvery and sparkly. I just ordered one from him. Sorry to hear the crystal sitting flush.

Did you get it from Eurotimez as well? I would definitely email Chris and ask him about it.

Here are some photos of mine. You can see the crystal is definitely quite high. This is the perfect version from Trusty. The dial is a little yellow IMHO. Hopefully the new dial from Angus will fix that.

Yacht%206.JPG

Yacht%205.JPG

Yacht%208.JPG

I would buy a Rolex Yachtmaster noobversion but I have a doubt.....

Reading on the various topics I read that there isn't a version of Yachtmaster noobversion with ETA movement!!!! I sent a mail to eurotimez but He told me that there is also a version of Yachtmaster noobversion with ETA movement!!!!

Now my question is: Rolex Yachtmaster with ETA movement will be a noobversion????

A friend of mine bought one from Eurotimez, my watchmaker validated that it was a genuine swiss eta movement. I can't say for sure that it's from the noob facutry, but cosmetically it is an excellent rep.

I read in this forum Angus at Pure Time has an updated dial that is more silvery and sparkly. I just ordered one from him. Sorry to hear the crystal sitting flush.

Did you get it from Eurotimez as well? I would definitely email Chris and ask him about it.

No, I got it from Ajoesmith (over on RG), but thanks for the heads up on the dial from Angus. I just might have to hit him up for that. Do you mind telling me how much you paid??

But the crystal sitting flush is of less impotance to me that that dial color, it is very noticable.

Edited by dsgb30043

No, I got it from Ajoesmith (over on RG), but thanks for the heads up on the dial from Angus. I just might have to hit him up for that. Do you mind telling me how much you paid??

But the crystal sitting flush is of less impotance to me that that dial color, it is very noticable.

He charges $25 for the dial + $15 shipping. I think there's a photo of another member who switched his dial and compared it to the old dial. The new dial from Angus looked pretty good. Sparkly...