When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paypal Withdraw limit with causing alarm

Hey guys,

Sorry about the title, made a mistake but can't edit it now.

Love to hear some expert advice. I have over $1000 AUD in my PP account at the moment and would like to transfer into my bank account but dont want to encounter any frozen account issues or the likes. Can someone please advise how to do so? as in what is the most i can transfer out under the radar?

thank so much.

Edited by Marrickvilleboy

I would not worry about any issues with PP if the money has been in your account for a while already.

I used to actively buy and sell on the bay and had no problems withdrawing close to $5K USD onto my account.

I would not worry about any issues with PP if the money has been in your account for a while already.

I used to actively buy and sell on the bay and had no problems withdrawing close to $5K USD onto my account.

Thanks for the quick reply Anton,

Payment was just made via paypal from a buyer from the bay. Would that make a difference? I've heard stories of people having as little as $600 withdrawn, get their accounts frozen or security checked.

Thanks for the quick reply Anton,

Payment was just made via paypal from a buyer from the bay. Would that make a difference? I've heard stories of people having as little as $600 withdrawn, get their accounts frozen or security checked.

Though I have had some issues with PP, I still use it today and they seem to be helpful when it comes to customer service. Some common reasons for "security checks" or "freezes" would be:

1) History of selling trinkets or low-ticket items and recently selling higher-ticket items ($1000+) and withdrawing the money as payments are received.

2) Receiving a large sum (again, $1000+) and then registering a cheque account and withdrawing.

3) Receiving payments from known high-risk countries or vendors.

I could be wrong, but I have been through and known of such incidents. Just tread carefully!

Hey R

I would agree with everyone.. the risk is minimal.. the wait for transfer is a long one though .. that is probablyu for checks and balances.. it's a good thing..you have no negative history with ebay which "is" paypal ... so I would not stress... if the monies has been there for a while that's a good sign and not a red flag for PP..

btw.. sending a pm.. when your free of exams.. get in touch..

aloha

R

i think if you had a new pp account and were making bank transfers all of a suddden it might raise a red flag. for example i am business verified and have had my account for many many many years. I dont think they are going to care if i move $1000 around.. $10,000 maybe.

Guest carlsbadrolex

If its any concellation, my office manager just transferred $11,500 from our Paypal account today... The good thing is, it should all be replaced tomorrow!