When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem with Rolex GMT

PHVA

Hello,

I bought 3 ROLEX GMT on the king's site.

1) ROLEX GMT II CERAMIC ETA IHS

2) ROLEX GMT II (PEPSI) SWISS CHS

3) ROLEX EXPLORER II CHS

The date on the ROLEX GMT II CERAMIC change at (06 h 30) and not at midnight (00 h 00)

The ROLEX GMT II (PEPSI) change the date at 00 h 10 and not at (00 h 00)

What the problem with those watch.

Maybe the date is sync with the GMT HAND ????

I understan anything.

If someone know that problem ........

Please help me.

Waiting for your answer

Thanks ans sorry for my poor english.

Hello,

I bought 3 ROLEX GMT on the king's site.

1) ROLEX GMT II CERAMIC ETA IHS

2) ROLEX GMT II (PEPSI) SWISS CHS

3) ROLEX EXPLORER II CHS

The date on the ROLEX GMT II CERAMIC change at (06 h 30) and not at midnight (00 h 00)

The ROLEX GMT II (PEPSI) change the date at 00 h 10 and not at (00 h 00)

What the problem with those watch.

Maybe the date is sync with the GMT HAND ????

I understan anything.

If someone know that problem ........

Please help me.

Waiting for your answer

Thanks ans sorry for my poor english.

Your english is fine man.. better than i could do in your native language..

sound like the date wheels are misaligned .. i had the same problem on one of my GMT's last year.. email King .. you need to send them back for repair .. remember you cannot insure this parcel.. to claim anything you have to show proof of purchase ... but it should be totally safe.. it takes about a month or a little over that ..to and from

what ever you do do not take it into a AD (authourized dealer) or watchsmith you do not know and trust personally.. this is an illicite trade item..

I know your stressing but we have to play the game with these things all the time... part of the ball game..

let us know how it turns out .. many members are customers of King.. she should come through for you

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

I think the hands were just installed at the wrong place. Any watchmaker (who works on replica watches) can remove & reinstall them correctly.

Or, if you know how to remove the movement from the case (remove the caseback, remove the 2 movement clamps/screws, press the stem release & remove the stem), reinstall the stem & set the hands to 12:00 (where the date is supposed to change). Then remove all of the hands from the movement & then s-l-o-w-l-y turn the crown until the date changes over. Reinstall the hands at 12:00 & reassemble. If you have never done this, I would contact the seller for instructions.

I think the hands were just installed at the wrong place. Any watchmaker (who works on replica watches) can remove & reinstall them correctly.

Or, if you know how to remove the movement from the case (remove the caseback, remove the 2 movement clamps/screws, press the stem release & remove the stem), reinstall the stem & set the hands to 12:00 (where the date is supposed to change). Then remove all of the hands from the movement & then s-l-o-w-l-y turn the crown until the date changes over. Reinstall the hands at 12:00 & reassemble. If you have never done this, I would contact the seller for instructions.

:brow: ... he's new freddy :whistling: could be a bit much to take in all at once.. :lol:

Your english is fine man.. better than i could do in your native language..

sound like the date wheels are misaligned .. i had the same problem on one of my GMT's last year.. email King .. you need to send them back for repair .. remember you cannot insure this parcel.. to claim anything you have to show proof of purchase ... but it should be totally safe.. it takes about a month or a little over that ..to and from

what ever you do do not take it into a AD (authourized dealer) or watchsmith you do not know and trust personally.. this is an illicite trade item..

I know your stressing but we have to play the game with these things all the time... part of the ball game..

let us know how it turns out .. many members are customers of King.. she should come through for you

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

Thanks Lani to answer so quickly,

Ok that's really a big problem for only one watch,for the ROLEX GMT II ERAMIC.

For the ROLEX GMT II PEPSI that's ok the date change at 00 h 10 so only 10 min.

I just checked there is few minutes that's maybe because of the GMT HAND the date is maybe sync with this hand.

i explain :

When the GMT HAND arrive at 00 h 00 anything past but wen it 00 h 10 the GMT HAND advance a little bit and at this moment the date change.

So maybe that's the problem don't you think.

I really don't want to send the watch back to king.

to many risk with the custom.

wating for your news.

Friendly Philippe.

True, so I suggested contacting the seller if unsure. :)

My real question is does the date will change everitime and definitly at 00 h 10.

Or does that problem will become more problematic ?

Because if the watch will stay with the little probleme i will assume.

i don't want to take the risk to have some probleme with custome for this little probleme.

Friendly Philippe.

Sorry.. go ahead and follow freddy's cue.. ;)

Ok thank you guy.

I'am preaty news trust me i really like the reps world.

But i don't know everithing on this little world.

I have few more question sorry if boring :D

Does it normal that all of my rolex reps arrive with a good strap but really light and noisy ?

Ok thank you guy.

I'am preaty news trust me i really like the reps world.

But i don't know everithing on this little world.

I have few more question sorry if boring :D

Does it normal that all of my rolex reps arrive with a good strap but really light and noisy ?

\Rolex is light .. it is "hollow links" and you will come to appreciate the build.. the heavier solid links get to be a nussance after constant wear.. IMO ... i have grown to really love the weight of the Rolex.. the Rotor can be lubed to quite the ball bearings in them .. i am assuming you have the asian movement ??

\Rolex is light .. it is "hollow links" and you will come to appreciate the build.. the heavier solid links get to be a nussance after constant wear.. IMO ... i have grown to really love the weight of the Rolex.. the Rotor can be lubed to quite the ball bearings in them .. i am assuming you have the asian movement ??

No i bought it there.

http://kingshowbox.com/goods.php?id=1152

Apparently Swiss

Edited by PHVA

Sorry my friend i didn't understand no I bought an swiss movement.

I mean by noisy that the strap is noisy. :):):)

Sory :p

Vintage Rolex watches have hollow link bracelets, which are light & noisy.

Yes i know, but that's not a rivet strap and the watch is GMT model is not so old.

Thats the same on the SSD crap strap.

I use the new silicone lubricating compound on all my bracelets..FYI.. it is not oily .. collects no dust.. it will turn bracelets into silk.. if you have that many issues and you have major concerns why don't you tell it..** tactfully ** to King.. remember the mantra.. you are purchasing reps that may need a little work..

Aloha~Cheers

L

Yes i know, but that's not a rivet strap and the watch is GMT model is not so old.

Thats the same on the SSD crap strap.

Until the last few years, 1 of the biggest complaints owners of Rolex watches have always had is with the cheap, light & noisy bracelets the watches come with. It does not matter whether the bracelet is a rivet, folded link or Oyster. Now if you want to be specific as to which watch model you are referring to & which collector you purchased it from, someone might be able to provide a more specific answer.

No i bought it there.

http://kingshowbox.com/goods.php?id=1152

Apparently Swiss

This model btw is the same one I got last year.... it is the same bracelet that is on most of the reps. ... so with 20 years of rep collecting under your belt.. you should have seen this one before??

I would lube it with some silicone compound.. other than that if you are unhappy you really need to communicate with your collector... members or the Admin team for that matter are not here to moderated or arbirtrate with you and your collector that has to been on a buyer to seller level..

Good luck.. I hope it works out for you

Aloha~Cheers

lani

I had the same problem with one of my old rolex subs....date changed in the middle of the day....

Here is how I fixed it....I dont know if it will work for you....but give it a shot....

1. Set the hour and minute hands to 12:00 (The GMT hand should line up also at 12:00)

2. Put the crown into the date change position and give the date wheel a full tour of all 31 days....then set it on the 1st....

3. Pull the crown out to the time set position and give the hands a full 24 hour tour....

With a bit of luck the date will change at 12:00 now....

You might want to try this on the pepsi also....

Let us know if it works....

Good luck....

Thanks to everybody.

So for the Rolex strap i didn't touch it.

I will try the silicone during the weeks.

For set the date on the rolex pepsi i let it like that for the moment i don't care.

The date change at 00 h 10 every day so that's not a big problem for me apparently the date is synk with the GMT HANDS.

Never mind i don't use the GMT HANDS.

I will let you know about the sylicone on the strap.

Thanks again.

Friendly Philippe.