When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ebel 1911 Discovery chrono is out!

By-Tor

The SEL thing could be just a springbar issue. I have the same problem on my Aquaracer chrono.

Check out this shot of the back of the watch, borrowed this pic from Perfect Clones.

It looks like the end pieces are secured to the case by screws not spring bars, anyone concur?

Really nice BTW, definitely on my list.

post-4269-1215359293_thumb.jpg

Guest avitt
Check out this shot of the back of the watch, borrowed this pic from Perfect Clones.

It looks like the end pieces are secured to the case by screws not spring bars, anyone concur?

post-4269-1215359293_thumb.jpg

I'm not familiar with this model, but I do own two 1980-90's era quartz 1911's, and this is the method that they use to secure the straps/bracelets.

Edited by avitt

I like the rep and gen better than the BTR even though the BTR has a cool movement. The only possible flaw I can see on the rep is the button parts of the pushers look a little longer on the rep. Could be the pics and could easily be fixed if it's not just the pics. As much as I hate high priced reps of gens that will be worth $1200 in a year, I may have to pick this one up.

Strange that the white one is everyone's favorite this time. This is rarely the case with chronographs.

It probably has something to do with the contrast that dark subdials on white surface create. I also think it's very pleasing to the eye. White dials and silver hands might be a beautiful combination, but somehow it often makes the watch way too understated.

So has anyone actually ordered this one yet? I'm dying to see the wrist shots. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen the genuine with panda dials. It is indeed very beautiful. Deep black tachymeter ring with gunmetal black subdial ring.

I have yet to see the rep in person but it's very accurate apart from pretty bad day/datewheel (as usual). Font is close but printing/alignment is not that good. A great candidate for ETA swap.

Right on top of my wishlist!

Sure looks nice :wub: but seriously is EBEL such a great watch brand for men? I would not have given EBEL a second tought if it wasent for the fact that this one is a pretty accutrate replica :p and very modern looking and TAG heuer-like

Does ebel have inhouse movements and the like or are they just a pretty package?

Edited by Gran

Looks like they have some movements of their own the Ebel Caliber 137 and 240 at least..... ^_^ not bad

The entire development and construction of Caliber 137 was done 100% by Ebel and five years were needed to finalize the development and proceed to production of Caliber 137 which was launched for the very first time in 1995 and housed within the 1911 line under the name Modulor: The 1911 Chronograph was born. It is worth mentioning that Ebel integrated a very important and innovative function in this movement: the bidirectional winding of the movement (nicknamed “magic clicks”)

Edited by Gran