When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My recent dealing with Davidsen

jitai

Hi everyone,

I will like to share my recent dealing with davidsen.

I read that some good members here faced some issue from davidsen's PAMs. I hope he will work out something for them. :)

My latest purchase was his new pre-v 5218-201A. The item arrived about 4 weeks ago and everything looks good at first until I wind the movt via the crown. The feeling was different comparing with his usual PAM reps. I held up the watch and look at the side of the CG. I then realised that the crown position was raised much higher. So when I am winding the movt, the upper portion of the crown protruded out too much leaving very little portion below causing more friction on my thumb. Other than this, the watch runs pretty well.

2538149016_204903fc05.jpg

2537332225_a85490ff84.jpg

I wasn't too anal about it at first but after wearing it for a week or so I began to feel frustrated to it

because it was painful to wind the movt.

I emailed DSN for help. About 3 days later, he sent me a reply asking me to return the item back to him as he will do a case swap for me. It was very nice of him and I sent the watch back as told.

It took only a week or less and my "new" 201A arrvied.

2637884017_00949bb16e_o.jpg

Other than the seemingly "thin" crown, I think my 201A looks very good.

Hope he is reading this and will offer me some better crown ;)

* To DSN, thank you very much for your prompt response and the help given.

I have a feeling that DSN had a bad batch of cases that he's trying to "dump" onto his customers. With enough attempts on his part, he'll eventually get rid of them...

Sadly, this also has caused me to stay away from him for the time being...