When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Barcelona anyone?

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

I am here in Barcelona with my girlfriend and was wonderng if we have a member from here or who by chance is also here at the moment? Would be fun to meet. We'll be here till next friday.

Please let me know!

Thanks!

Been there. Twice. Actually I was there in my honeymoon (with my ex-wife). Great place.

La Sagrada Familia church and the terrario are "must visits".

Barcelona! :wub:

Visit Passeig de Gracia!

A lot of gen watch shops :D

Near the Barrio Gotico you can find a small market....a lot of seller and some nice Tudor/Rolex used watch, vintages, etc...

I didn't remember on which days you can find this small market :(

I would suggest to visit the beach: Barceloneta

beach-barceloneta-01_jpg.jpg

beach-barceloneta-15_jpg.jpg

beach-barceloneta-19_jpg.jpg

Great walk, nice buildings, sun and sea smell :D

Then, check the inside Port Vell: nice restaurant where to eat sea food. I suggest Paco Alcalde.

paco_alcalde_0.jpg

I liked it a lot! It's reasonably priced for the quality... about 25-30

I am here in Barcelona with my girlfriend and was wonderng if we have a member from here or who by chance is also here at the moment? Would be fun to meet. We'll be here till next friday.

Please let me know!

Thanks!

Just missed me, was there all last week!

Damn, such a shame would have been great to meet.....

....the famous Ola, but errr... *cough* you too of course ;):p

Barcelona! :wub:

Visit Passeig de Gracia!

A lot of gen watch shops :D

Yep, must be at least 3 or 4 Panerai stockists along that stretch, including one with the most gorgeous blue-dialled desk display barometer :drool:

post-115-1215377447_thumb.jpg

Recommend Omm on the PDG (further up on opposite side to La Pedrera) for a late night drink or four ;)

The Ramblas - one of the coolest streets in Europe.

Go to the giant fresh food market there. Great place to sit and eat tapas and people watch.

In the Gothic area go to the Picasso museum. Very cool.

If you have a car take a drive down the coast 50 ks and walk around Sitges.

A really neat beach community.

Used to hang at a place in the center of town called Ricky's. A classic bar. In the back of the place is an enclosed patio. They serve the best Mussels in the world.

Barcelona is the new Paris.

Guest Sql_pl

Thanks for all your responses guys!

I actually stay right in the middle of La Rambla - amazing place for sure!

Will have to check out all other places you guys suggest.

We have already been twice to the barceloneta beach - lots of topless girls over there... Ola included :)

@doc

It really is a shame we didn

Some other suggestions (personally I'm not a fan of La Ramblas - bit too cheesy and full of drunken English tourists). Check out El Born district - around Barceloneta metro (perfect stop after a hard day at the beach) and same area as the Picasso museum mentioned above (which is disappointing IMO - the Juan Miro Foundation out in Montjuic is better) - very up and coming, interesting shopping (if Ola likes shoes, your plastic will melt) and the many many bars and cafes, not your usual tourist tat, authentic and above all, fun.

Oh in terms of culture, aside from the tourist hordes at La Sagrada Familia, you should really check out the 'other' (and better IMO) cathedral, right in the heart of the Bari Gotic - they have these weird geese living in this oasis in the middle of the cathedral cloisters, bizarre but fascinating. Last time I was there previously (with my GF) we stayed round the corner in a gorgeous little 'secret' square, Plaza St Felip Neri, worth a stop ;)

Will post some pics when we get back home on friday.

Thanks!

And don't forget those topless ladies on the beach!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim: I can't wait to see them! If it was me, I would have probably hang out there and don't see

the other places! Except of course the watch SHOPS! :D

Before you leave make sure you go to CUSTO BARCELONA.

Coolest casual clothing line ever.

Great colors and patterns, for both women and men.

I have gotten more compliments for a couple of shirts and t's I bought there than any of the Armani's I own.

Don't miss it.

Before you leave make sure you go to CUSTO BARCELONA.

Coolest casual clothing line ever.

Great colors and patterns, for both women and men.

I have gotten more compliments for a couple of shirts and t's I bought there than any of the Armani's I own.

Don't miss it.

You can (or could the last time I checked) buy gen Custo on the bay - on eBay.es

There's a monastery up in the mountains just outside the city you could take a look at... the Aquarium is great, and when I went (in 2001) was the biggest in Europe. There's an Imax nearby as well. If you like football, go check out the Camp Nou and take a ride up to Montjuic, you can see Espanyol's former Olympic stadium on the way up to the top of the mountain. The Olympic village had lots of restaurants as well. I remember going to a club on the beach, and one in Placa Catalunya... MareMagnum was a little dead, and the only packed club would only let you in if you were white (according to a native of Barcelona that I knew at the time) and we witnessed that as well. I'm sure it's changed since - I doubt they stop Ronaldinho going in ;)

Anyway, nice relaxing place to be and walk around :)