When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New York City - used watches?

yellomen

Hi guys,

I'm planning a trip to NYC and i'd love to visit some pawnshops or used watches dealers, to maybe find a nice gen watch. I have no specific watch that i'm looking for but i'd love to look around and when the price/model appeals to me i know it's too late to hide my credit card ;)

While searching via google i couldn't find any website with good information nor a website of a used watches dealer. I already emailed one guy (the watch collector NY) but his reply was not nice so he won't get my business.

Do you guys have tips, names, websites for me?

Thanx in advance :)

A must visit is the Diamond District on 47th St between 5th and 6th avenue. Also, I've heard the name Aaron Faber held in high regard Aaron Faber Gallery, although I've never personally dealt with them.

Hi guys,

I'm planning a trip to NYC and i'd love to visit some pawnshops or used watches dealers, to maybe find a nice gen watch. I have no specific watch that i'm looking for but i'd love to look around and when the price/model appeals to me i know it's too late to hide my credit card ;)

While searching via google i couldn't find any website with good information nor a website of a used watches dealer. I already emailed one guy (the watch collector NY) but his reply was not nice so he won't get my business.

Do you guys have tips, names, websites for me?

Thanx in advance :)

Id actually like a few tips aswell. Im going to new york in august, and i have some money to burn of on a gen.

Is there the same sales tax on used watches as on other goods?

PM me with the exact dates.

no dates yet, but when i have them you'll receive a PM :D

I guess my main interest is something in the line of a GP Richeville chrono, GP vintage 1960 chrono or maybe another GP. Or maybe one of the newer in house caliber driven Daniel JeanRichard (caliber JR 1000).

Another great option is a eighties or nineties Submariner or Sea-Dweller.

I have enough ideas... just not enough mulah ;)

The locals are in the process of organizing. The problem is the travelers seem not to be able to make up their minds when they are actually coming. And no, having it nailed down to the month is not helpful. :lol:

I come there all the time. I will join in if you let me know the time (if it is at all possible for me, that is)...

You're right Kruzer :D

I'm still waiting for the timeslot where we can use the appartement of a friend's cousin.... since hotels are insanely pricy this would save us quite some $$$. So it's depending on when we may use the appartement... hope to know it soon as i also wanna book a ticket!