When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seadweller Bezel pearl

dabom

The SSD from Andrew is almost perfect. The most glaring imperfection is the bezel pearl. It is not as large as the original.

1) I was taking a look at the original, and it appears that the genuine pearl is not protected by a sapphire glass window, like it is on Omegas. Is this true?

2) Where can I get the best seadweller inserts to fit the SSD with convincing pearl? Thanks!

I have the same watch and switched out the pearl yesterday. I got a WatchMaterial insert from a member of this forum. It was an easy fix. Just pry the old pearl off with your finger nail and glue the new pearl in (I used liquid nails), making sure not to get any excess down in the bezel. Here is the link for the insert I used:

http://www.watchmaterial.com/viewitem.asp?idProduct=362

Now if I could just gather up the courage to work on the CG's...

I don't know what the differences between the 5513 insert and the modern submariner insert, 315-16800, are in this case, but a real 5513 insert would be an all acrylic pearl w/o a metal surround. The 315-16800 insert is the one used by bklm1234 when he mods his subs.

http://www.watchmaterial.com/viewitem.asp?idProduct=366

But in this case the pearl in the 5513 insert may work just fine, it just wouldn't be correct if you were going to use it in a vintage Rolex.

Thank-you SOOOO much for the advice. I shall take it.

A question about the watchmaterial pearl: is it protected by glass/sapphire/acrylic? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(is the gen protected by glass/sapphire/acrylic??)

:p

Edited by dabom

The bezel pearl is in fact the same and has the cover over it. I have a gen insert on my SSD

The SSD from Andrew is almost perfect. The most glaring imperfection is the bezel pearl. It is not as large as the original.

1) I was taking a look at the original, and it appears that the genuine pearl is not protected by a sapphire glass window, like it is on Omegas. Is this true?

2) Where can I get the best seadweller inserts to fit the SSD with convincing pearl? Thanks!

are you saying that the watchmaterial pearl is the same as the gen SD, but that you have a gen insert on your SSD?

Regarding your gen insert on your SSD - is it a perfect fit, or are some mods required? Thanks.

The bezel pearl is in fact the same and has the cover over it. I have a gen insert on my SSD