When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Doy You Think Of The Status Quo

Status quo

~ Self brushhed jimmyfzu CG. (used a dish washing sponge with the green scrubbing layer for brushing)

~ Shortend lever to fit PALP 2..1 mm CG. (grinded with dremel, filed and polished the sharp edges on the area that was worked on)

~ Fitted to jimmyfzu PAM case.

Still to do.

~ The CG pin needs to be pushed in further like the gen, I think I will need a wooden tooth pic for this so I do'nt scratch the pin, do'nt have one at the moment. I want the pin to sit just bellow flush like the gen (see picture of gen CG)

~ Have my davidsen saphire/AR crystal pressed into jimmyfzu bezel. (watch guy)

~ Fit bezel and crystal to case. (watch guy)

~ Relume of 111h dial by finepics (Still waiting for my Swiss 111h to arive from PT).

~ Replace cannon pin and hour wheel with 2.15/3.15(have one in stock / thanks to a very kind rwg member, you know who you are / please do'nt PM me for a longe cannon pinion, neither him or me have any extra to spare )

~ Have dial fit. (watch guy)

~ Have davidsen hand fits. (watch guy)

~ Snap on the rep case back.

~ Put on dirk PreV distressed calf strap.

**** The fist pic is a pic of a gen 111H, for comparence ****

post-406-1151837924_thumb.jpg

post-406-1151837950_thumb.jpg

post-406-1151837958_thumb.jpg

post-406-1151837970_thumb.jpg

post-406-1151838250_thumb.jpg

Very nice and ambitious project idea! his is going to be a sweet watch when it's done!

I wish Jimmy (or someone else if he's actually leaving the business) will do an H series guard so I can buy an H series rep. :lol:

Status quo

~ Self brushhed jimmyfzu CG. (used a dish washing sponge with the green scrubbing layer for brushing)

~ Shortend lever to fit PALP 2..1 mm CG. (grinded with dremel, filed and polished the sharp edges on the area that was worked on)

~ Fitted to jimmyfzu PAM case.

Still to do.

~ The CG pin needs to be pushed in further like the gen, I think I will need a wooden tooth pic for this so I do'nt scratch the pin, do'nt have one at the moment. I want the pin to sit just bellow flush like the gen (see picture of gen CG)

~ Have my davidsen saphire/AR crystal pressed into jimmyfzu bezel. (watch guy)

~ Fit bezel and crystal to case. (watch guy)

~ Relume of 111h dial by finepics (Still waiting for my Swiss 111h to arive from PT).

~ Replace cannon pin and hour wheel with 2.15/3.15(have one in stock / thanks to a very kind rwg member, you know who you are / please do'nt PM me for a longe cannon pinion, neither him or me have any extra to spare )

~ Have dial fit. (watch guy)

~ Have davidsen hand fits. (watch guy)

~ Snap on the rep case back.

~ Put on dirk PreV distressed calf strap.

**** The fist pic is a pic of a gen 111H, for comparence ****

It has been my experience that the ONLY crystal that will fit a JimmyFU case is a Jimmy Fu crystal. So NO other crystal I had fit the jimmy fu case. (this IS the nicest case BTW)

Also the davidsen crystal only fit the davidsen case I have properly depth wise.

Yes good luck w/ your project. I've got an EL swan neck 111h awaiting some parts for upgrade myself. I plan on doing a new dial w/ better lume. Also new hands w/ better lume as well. The crystal is already sapphire and AR coated. Hope to sell once its all done as I don't really wear it too much. 44mm Pannies just don't really do it for me anymore. I'm now hooked on the 47mm models!

Good luck and best wishes!

Cheers,

Jon :victory:

It has been my experience that the ONLY crystal that will fit a JimmyFU case is a Jimmy Fu crystal. So NO other crystal I had fit the jimmy fu case. (this IS the nicest case BTW)

Also the davidsen crystal only fit the davidsen case I have properly depth wise.

You are right speedy. The davidsen crystal is 35.5mm and the inner diameter of the jimmyfzu bezel is 35.93mm, I measured it with a digital caliper. The parts dont mate. Jimmy's parts are dead in replacent parts for OEM pannies, davidsen parts are dead in replacement parts for REP Pannies, and REP Pannies are a few tenth of milimeters of OEM specs.

The davidsen crystal is too small for the jimmy bezel and case, a damn shame this would have been a match made in heaven... so close buy yet so far...

I have added a pic of the bezel placed upsidedown on the davidsen crystal too illustrate the loose fit off the bezel and crystal, if all was right this would not have been possible, the bezel and crystal would have needed to be pressed to fit..

The only long shot I can imagine is to see if I can get a davidsen bezel to fit the jimmy case?

:(

post-406-1152139429_thumb.jpg

post-406-1152139441_thumb.jpg

What also is possible, join me to the local jewellery ans buy also a genuine... :Jumpy:

Lets have a drink soon, and I changed my buy, it defenately will be a submariner! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

You are right speedy. The davidsen crystal is 35.5mm and the inner diameter of the jimmyfzu bezel is 35.93mm, I measured it with a digital caliper. The parts dont mate. Jimmy's parts are dead in replacent parts for OEM pannies, davidsen parts are dead in replacement parts for REP Pannies, and REP Pannies are a few tenth of milimeters of OEM specs.

The davidsen crystal is too small for the jimmy bezel and case, a damn shame this would have been a match made in heaven... so close buy yet so far...

I have added a pic of the bezel placed upsidedown on the davidsen crystal too illustrate the loose fit off the bezel and crystal, if all was right this would not have been possible, the bezel and crystal would have needed to be pressed to fit..

The only long shot I can imagine is to see if I can get a davidsen bezel to fit the jimmy case?

:(