When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Rubber Strap

aspartam

I have ordered a black steelfish ETA with SS bracelet and I think a black rubber strap would be nice too.

Should I go for a gen or a cheaper rep? Big difference?

Thanks

I ma having some rep one (blue color) comming today (i missed the delivery this morning). i'll let you know.

it should be very good and almost identical to the gen in term of quality as i was told by the dealer.

Just a word about the genuine - great strap as it is. I ordered and paid for mine last September. I only got it about a month ago. Seems to be some sort of backlog on these straps. I got the black one.

i posted a side by side review of the (old) rep strap and the genuine here. although i feel like i remember hearing that a new rep version was being released recently (or maybe soon)? :g:

deltatahoe

Actuall the new rep strap is is spot on compare with gen one. I just got some suppose to be blue but

the dealer sent me the black one. It was at the highend watch store at the mall last week and i looked at the gen one for $115 and the rep one i have right now it is spot on. Dust repellant too.

Here is pictures that i just took:

DSC_0032.jpg

sfsorubber2.jpg

sfsorubber3.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

I ordered the gen rubber strap from ebay. $75

Look forward to geth both the strap and the steelfish. (Black)

Flying in from two different continents :)

you have to be careful though because there are quite a few people have been selling the lasted rubber rep strap as gen on ebay and on timezone forum for quite sometime now. i think one of the post in this forum mentioned about it. That is how good

the latest rep rubber strap is.

Think about it one member in this forum mentioned that it took a few months to get it throught AD's ordering and they turn around and sell it for $75, i don't think so.

Ok, but a AD can take a look at it. And confirm that it is genuine, or not?

Here it is: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-22MM-BREITLING-BLA...1QQcmdZViewItem

This is the description:

You are bidding on a GUARANTEED New & 100% Authentic 22mm breitling black rubber divers strap .

7" Black Diver Pro Rubber Replacement Strap

Includes Tang Buckle

Fits All Breitling Models with 22MM Inlet Including:

Aerospace Avantage, Airwolf, B1, B2, Bentley GT, Bentley GT Racing, Blackbird,

Chrono Avenger, Chrono Avenger M1, Chronomat Evolution, Navitimer,

Navitimer Chrono-Matic, Navitimer Cosmonaute, Navitimer Montbrillant Datora,

Navitimer Montbrillant Edition, Navitimer Olympus, Seawolf, Skyracer, Superocean Steelfish X-Plus

The strap made from high quality rubber it will never crack

High quality stainless steel tong buckle

You are bidding on the same strap you see in the picture !!!

Thank you for your time !!!

100% positive feedback here.

Edited by aspartam

the breitling logo is supposed to be hightened(glued on) on the gen rubber strap, not etched like the one you posted. Besides that, the rep looks good!

That is true of the newest version, but the older version had the stamped logo. The raised logo was only introduced recently.

To me the ebay rubber looks genuine, because the buckle is polished and nice while the rep pics posted above has a more brushed buckle. At least that is what the pictures are telling me. BUT, if you are going for a genuine strap I would prefer the latest version with the raised breitling logo on the buckle.

Ok, what do you think andreww? It looks like a gen one?

I do think it looks gen as the buckle appears to be less sharp at the edges. The Rep appears to have a brushed buckle. But that seller is also selling a rep Panerai strap and deployant in another auction, so he is no stranger to reps.