When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Seamaster chrono

docdoc

Hello,

I have read some "scary" stuffs about the Asian 7750 mouvement. It's supposed not to be very reliable.

As I am new to all this watches world I wonder which seasmaster chrono you will pick between :

http://www.pam111.com/product_info.php?cPa...roducts_id=1416 (which as the accurate numbers for the date and W-2334 AUTOMATIC ASIA 7750)

or

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...41ecf1395517d4a (which as not the right date numbers but which claims to have New Asia Valjoux 7750 Working Chronograph (28,800bph))

Edited by docdoc

They all stock the same watch now, unfortunately you will have to swap the datewheels to make it as good as the first batch (relatively cheap). Don't worry about the movement, historically the 21k 7750 was a real pig of a movement, the newer one is much better. For peace of mind and a very good reliable movement a service is recommended, but it is as good as most movements out there on the rep market at the moment!

They all stock the same watch now, unfortunately you will have to swap the datewheels to make it as good as the first batch (relatively cheap). Don't worry about the movement, historically the 21k 7750 was a real pig of a movement, the newer one is much better. For peace of mind and a very good reliable movement a service is recommended, but it is as good as most movements out there on the rep market at the moment!

Ok, thanks a lot for the prompt answers. I wonder if there were some tutorials available for servicing your watches yourself (I doubt my local watchsmith will be happy with a rep)? Maybe I should open another thread

If you have no experience in servicing a watch before I would not make this a watch that you experiement on. There are tutorials flying about, but it would not be an easy movement to start on. Best thing would be to approach your local watchsmith and ask him about it, my local one was more than happy to work on mine.

If you have no experience in servicing a watch before I would not make this a watch that you experiement on. There are tutorials flying about, but it would not be an easy movement to start on. Best thing would be to approach your local watchsmith and ask him about it, my local one was more than happy to work on mine.

will try that

I wonder if there were some tutorials available for servicing your watches yourself[

Oh that's easy man... just open the caseback and spray some CRC in there. :D

Just kidding of course. Servicing a movement is not something that even experienced watch modders here can do. It's a job for real professionals. Don't even THINK that you could do it yourself without completely f*cking up your watch. All my 7750 reps have been running great (some for years already). You should be ok with it.

Good luck with the purchase, SMP Chrono is one of the best reps out there.

Pam111 bad.

Servicing a 7750 is something that takes a lot of time. There are many things that can go awry when messing with them. I rarely work on them unless it is my own piece. In many cases where I am dealing with a 7750 that has totally seized up, a complete disassembly usually uncovers so many severe problems that it is almost better to replace the movement. If you get it servicd starting on day one and maintain it, you should get a pretty good lifespan.

If you don't have access to a viable watchsmith to service, repair or regulate your reps I would stay away from the asian 7750. Just my opinon, far too unreliable out of the box and not neccesarily because of the movement alone but even more so factory quality control. Now if you get one and can have someone service it right away your gold because it's can be an excellent movement properly serviced. Both the Asian and Swiss 7750's are complex movement and tend to need more attention than simply taking them out of a package and popping them in a watch. They should be properly oiled, regulated and with a good amount of care. Just my opinion

I think the main question here is not the watch but the seller, @ the OP do some reasearch on Pam111, aka paul, aka womart

@ Jason, PT will have the new version just ask him and he will get it if it is not in stock.

It's strange how there are so many "horror stories" being banded about !! I have bought a number of watches from Paul and I've only had one that needed major surgery ! Paul is always prompt with his emails and his service is generally good. Where he lets himself down is his after sales service. Therefore, if you get a good watch from him - no problems, if it dies, be prepared for aggro !

Also, like many of the members of this board, I have a number of watches with the Asian 7750 (I don't know whether they are the old or new versions !). So far, I have found them to be extremely reliable and keep very good time. Funnily enough, I've had more trouble with Swiss ETA movements !!