When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Customs to US question

Neptic

New to the boards and been doing a bunch of research. I pretty much have pinned down the rep I am looking to buy (the 1st of many I am sure) I am just very curious after reading some of the stories of custom issues to the US.

I understand that nothing is fool proof and if you try, there is a chance it gets caught. There are a few different places I have been looking into ordering from and one is from Perfect Clones (Joshua) and House of Souvenirs (LandE collections - Lawrence). Each location has a different watch I want. Can anyone provide input or who has ordered to the US which is has made it w/o a problem from either of these locations. (Your vote is already in AllergyDoc - :D heh ) I know not to use Fedex, but I am not to "in the know" of ordering from outside the US on such things and just want to see about avoiding any snag in the order process.

Thank you all for your time and thank you for this forum!

Z

Joshua send EMS .. express.. I am not familiar with the other collector...

the only problems I have had are when the watches have been sent by regular or priority air... I do not know why they give such a hard time.. they alway's say.. inproper invoice when it went by air.. (not from perfect).. it's not a big deal .. they send it back to sender..

but the worst that happened was I was charged duty on a breitling Bentley.. about 50 usd... that was 3 years ago and no worries since with Joshua.. I would go with the RWG Forum collectors .. other sites ... not for me.. safe here....

When the parcel arrives in customs .. hold one I will copy one from my tracking...

OK.. here is a tracking example from the time it left China.. until it arrived .. note the inbound into Customs.. do not panic this is SOP...

Delivered, June 17, 2008, 12:57 pm, HONOLULU, HI 96814

Arrival at Unit, June 17, 2008, 9:58 am, HONOLULU, HI 96813

Processed, June 17, 2008, 8:56 am, HONOLULU, HI 96820

Inbound Out of Customs, June 16, 2008, 11:00 am

Inbound Into Customs

Inbound International Arrival, June 16, 2008, 3:46 am, LOS ANGELES

Foreign International Dispatch, June 14, 2008, 9:45 pm, GUANGZHOU EMS, CHINA PEOPLES REP

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Foreign Acceptance, June 14, 2008, 6:26 pm

EMS...efficient and reliable. 4 to 7 days delivery time, and most always you can track the progress.

You guys rock!

Why is it whenever you want to do something and you research, all you see is the negatve and then you wonder.... But this pretty much put me at ease.

I appreciate all the input and will "roll the dice" Look forward posting up to in a few weeks my review and photos...

You guys rock!

Why is it whenever you want to do something and you research, all you see is the negatve and then you wonder.... But this pretty much put me at ease.

I appreciate all the input and will "roll the dice" Look forward posting up to in a few weeks my review and photos...

because we are dealing with an illicit Hobby.. of course you will think the worse .... but relax and have fun ... that is what this is about >> B)