When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New SMP Chrono, Fixed Pearl?

paladin

I just got a new SMP Chrono from precious time. It looks like, to me anyway, that they have fixed the oversized pearl that many reps face, let me know if you think the same:

2656881315_d6cb160d3b_b.jpg

2657710452_770f38eff0_b.jpg

2656875233_cc9ec4ce03_b.jpg

I have one question for you pro's though :) It seems that when i reset the chrono, the 12:00 dial will reset properly and the chrono hand resets, but my 6:00 dial does not. Is this typical?

Just to clarify your question- Is the 6:00 (elapsed hours) subdial not resetting to '12' exactly (i.e. it resets to a little before or after 12, or possibly elsewhere within the subdial), or is it not resetting at all?

Not resetting at all. stuck at the 1.5 hour mark. I think it still advances time though when the chrono is running (testing that out now as i write this).

Edited by paladin

Not resetting at all. stuck at the 1.5 hour mark. I think it still advances time though when the chrono is running (testing that out now as i write this).

Try setting the chrono running for an hour or so to get the hour counter dial moving. Then stop the chrono as normal with the 2 o'clock button, and reset with the 4'o'clock. But instead of pressing and releasing immediately, hold the button in, the hand will usually creep back at this point. I have had a few 7750's be a little reluctant at first like this, but this has always got them to return properly.

cheers, Dale

Edited by dcam207

Try setting the chrono running for an hour or so to get the hour counter dial moving. Then stop the chrono as normal with the 2 o'clock button, and reset with the 4'o'clock. But instead of pressing and releasing immediately, hold the button in, the hand will usually creep back at this point. I have had a few 7750's be a little reluctant at first like this, but this has always got them to return properly.

cheers, Dale

This worked :) I let it go on for a few hours and tried resetting. I guess it just needed a little help :)

Thanks for the tip.

This is a killer watch... but impossible to take a good photo of thanks to that ultra reflective crystal!

I bought mine a long time ago. Here is a similar photo for comparison:

dsc05363kj7.jpg

Tremendous tremendous thing I love it to death.