When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Skyland is finally up

bollobandit

basically it says that another maker will be bringing out the skyland soon which should be more faithful than the one that the twins are offering

Exactly where did he say that? He didn't! In fact PT stated that he had no idea what the differences would be.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly where did he say that? He didn't! In fact PT stated that he had no idea what the differences would be.

Quite. A bit of journalistic licence from Steppen there perhaps. Nor would Angus say that even if it was. But it will certainly be interesting to see what it looks like - I'll bet it's no worse ;)

true, but it wont hurt any members here to keep the fingers off the trigger until this one comes out

i really hope that this one is more going to be a bit more faithful, I'm underwhelmed by the current offering

Wow! :D

So the Skyland being offered now is not made by the best BCE maker, but this new (soon to be released) one will, and it will have a SS bracelet from the get go! Fantastic news indeed! B)

Thanks steppen for the heads up ^_^

Ha ha changed your tune now Mickey, better start being less honest and start selling lots more top-of-the-range electricals eh? I pity the poor unsuspecting fools that walk into your space tomorrow, like lambs to the slaughter :D

Just saw some other dealers are offering the 1:1 Breitling Avenger Skyland on rubber strap.

But today I received a great news from the maker who makes the Ultimate Breitling Chronomat Evolution that their Skyland is releasing next week!! I dont know what are the differences between the 2 versions but I advice the potential buyers to hold your fire until the new one is out.

The current Skyland is made by the maker who makes the 2nd gen BCE. According to our previous experience, the ultimate BCE's quality impressed most of us and we hope this maker will bring us another Ultimate Skyland! Will update the pics on RG once I got it from the maker!!

This maker also makes the ultimate HBB, BB King and the upcoming Concord C1. The price should be about US$300 without shipping, more or less the same as the ultimate BCE. And bracelet version will release first.

Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions. My e-mail is puretime2005@gmail.com or sales@puretimewatch.com.

Post quoted from Repgeeks :)

Ha ha changed your tune now Mickey, better start being less honest and start selling lots more top-of-the-range electricals eh? I pity the poor unsuspecting fools that walk into your space tomorrow, like lambs to the slaughter :D

What are you talking about? How have I changed my tune? Please explain yourself, you are making zero sense. I am actually embarrassed for you.....

It's not difficult to understand, here: I don't want to buy the Skyland with the dial errors, but I am happy to see we may still get an accurate Skyland from the best BCE maker. How can you be confused by that viewpoint?

I don't like the tone of your post, just because somebody does not share your views/opinions, does not mean you can insult them.

Just a heads up guys,

Angus posted THIS on repgeek a few minutes ago,

basically it says that another maker will be bringing out the skyland soon which should be more faithful than the one that the twins are offering

this could have been mentioned before in this thread but with so many ego filled posts i must admit i skimmed though the pages

anyway, hope this give you prospective buyers food for thought

What could he possibly do better?..... oh right.... 'half a lume dot' :inverted:

All the rave about the ultimate BCE.. jeez.... it has more glaring faults than the Skyland. White dial: complete wrong colour white, TTs: too light subs, slate grey: too dark, graphite: ... where to begin. Not even mentioning the bracelet. I owned almost all dial colours at some point so I know what I'm talking about. It also suffers from the same flaws as the Skyland (mentioned earlier by Andreww): Too long chrono pushers, wrong rider tabs and wrong pearl so.....

It's good to see that half of the subdials are indeed textured, however - unless my eye's are playing tricks on me the blue dial version - on the other half of the subdial (the non-textured half) is the complete wrong color? It should be the same exact color as the dial whereas the other half is a lighter shade of blue? Am i going crazy? Because earlier today i got into an argument with a friend, i thought something was black but he was seeing it as dark green :o

1216026074741033348.jpg

What could he possibly do better?..... oh right.... 'half a lume dot' :inverted:

All the rave about the ultimate BCE.. jeez.... it has more glaring faults than the Skyland. White dial: complete wrong colour, TTs: too light subs, slate grey: too dark, graphite: ... where to begin. Not even mentioning the date fonts and end-links. I owned almost all dial colours at some point so I know what I'm talking about.

What could he do better?

take a look:BREITLING-172.jpg

here we see that the guilloche has been faithfully reproduced, however the dial colour has been sacrificed, this plus the inaccurate lume dots at 3 and 12 does not look like a winner to me

but to each his own

that explain why everyone think its sell for a good price :p

Yeah, you need two watches, to make one and for about $750, that sounds like a normal release price to me :p

I know it's off topic, but I couldn't resist. I'm blaming it on Mickey. This version hits me a little closer to home.

:lol:

What are you talking about? How have I changed my tune? Please explain yourself, you are making zero sense. I am actually embarrassed for you.....

It's not difficult to understand, here: I don't want to buy the Skyland with the dial errors, but I am happy to see we may still get an accurate Skyland from the best BCE maker. How can you be confused by that viewpoint?

I don't like the tone of your post, just because somebody does not share your views/opinions, does not mean you can insult them.

Jesus christ. Massive sense of humour failure alert!

Changed your tune as going from not buying the Skyland with flaws, trying to cut down on purchases etc. to minutes later, yes excellent, all excited, weak resolve like us all. Ah, you know what, it's quite sad that I have to explain myself here, maybe I should just ignore your posts in future lest you jump down my throat again. I really don't see what's gotten into you here. Jeez and you say you're embarrassed for me? Au contraire :huh:

p.s. Dexter's Lab is my favourite Saturday morning viewing - obviously the only humour we share.

here we see that the guilloche has been faithfully reproduced, however the dial colour has been sacrificed

I think it's the lighting... Based on the other pics the blue dial looks spot on, both in regards to guilloche and colour. By the way, I ordered a black one so it doesn't really matter anyway :p

Docblackrock, your post seemed to be a personal attack on me, at least that is how I read it, but any humour there went straight over my head. I only saw you having a dig at me and my integrity at work etc....

I apologize if I reacted harshly, I must have read your post in a different manner to which you intended it....

Cheers! B)

BTW, some questions answered by Josh this morning...

Is the watch actually 44mm? The Genuine is 45mm, and as you used a gen to produce this, I would figure that the rep would be 45mm as well.

Measurement differs from people to people ...My measure is the bezel diameter.. This is correct as per the genuine.

Are the fine lines reproduced on the left side of each subdial? I can't see them in your pics (too dark).

Yes

Does the bezel click 120 times?

Yes

Will the graphite dial be available at some point?

Yes.. Probably later.