When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Rolex 703 Triplock Crown seals

mucrewbtp

I could really use the help of some of the modders here. I am installing a Gen 703 triplock crown and I'm using a Clark case tube. the tube came with 4 seals which I can figure out where to put. However I cannot figure out which type of gasket to use in the crown. I have read elsewhere that the same o-ring that goes inside the tube also goes in the crown. I tried this but the o-ring just seems to tighten against the grooves on the end of the tube. This seems to tear up the seal and I don't think it will seal well.

Can anyone with experience please tell me what type of seal is used in a gen 703 triplock crown and where I can find one. I would greatly appreciate this information.

Thank You,

Mike

I install a flat gasket in the crowns. I realize that the picture shows an "O" ring type of gasket in the crown, but every used genuine crown I buy has a flat gasket in the actual crown. Makes sense to me as an O type is simply too thick.

Flat gaskets for rolex crowns are available from the main supply houses, I have a number of gasket kits with numerous gaskets, flat, o'ring, etc and select the flat one that will fit the crown.

If your trying an o'ring type I think your going to have problems screwing it down.

RG

Ditto Ziggy.

Some of the better Swiss-made tubes come with 1 flat (crown) gasket in the set. I also keep 1 of these o-ring sets from Ofrei on hand, which contains all the gaskets you need for a variety Rolex crown/tube sets

msa99.131.jpg

Assortment of 60 Pieces Mini O Ring Gaskets

Assortment of 60 Pieces Mini O-Ring Gaskets to fit Rolex

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. I think I have found an o-ring type gasket that will work. If all else fails I will use a flat gasket. I was trying to get the crown assembly as close to gen as possible. I remember reading that on a triplock crown the crown actually bottoms out on the tube and that the seal is compressed inside the rim of the tube. I should be installing the crown tomorrow so we'll see what happens.

-Mike

Ditto The Zigmeister.

Some of the better Swiss-made tubes come with 1 flat (crown) gasket in the set. I also keep 1 of these o-ring sets from Ofrei on hand, which contains all the gaskets you need for a variety Rolex crown/tube sets

msa99.131.jpg

Assortment of 60 Pieces Mini O Ring Gaskets

Assortment of 60 Pieces Mini O-Ring Gaskets to fit Rolex

• 3 weeks later...