When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is good in the 'honpo' site.

flex

nothing in particular, perhaps a double-red or LV?

I am not a big fan of the LV (gen or rep) & the other link you posted is a red Sub (not a 'Double-Red' Seadweller). Honpo's Sub is not terrible, but nothing special either. I think you can get a similar or better watch from most of the collectors here & they tend to be more reliable than Honpo.

For my money, Honpos best watches are his 7750-powered Daytonas with asymmetrical pushers

6239dwh-7750.jpg

(Same as above but without 'Daytona' text)

6239dnblk-7750.jpg

Or his 6263 with brown (faux 'faded' black) faded subdials

1106-4.jpg

I do not believe that any of our regular collectors list any of those watches on their sites. But be warned that Honpo has a gained a somewhat notorious reputation from members who have dealt with him before (I had a brief email exchange with him & then he vanished). Buyer beware.

However, if you are interested in vintage Daytonas, 'DW' is the best of the best. Use the Search feature at the top of any page for info, or upgrade your membership to Supporter & PM me.

IF YOU QUOTE ANY PART OF MY POST, PLEASE REMOVE ALL OF THE PICTURE LINKS SO THEY DO NOT GET REPRODUCED OVER & OVER AGAIN.

If you want to go the other extreme as far as I know they are the only one offering a PAM 194 (47mm 1000m) with a titanium case. All the collector offerings are in SS. I do know at least 3-4 members including myself who would kill for that one. :) If you really have the opportunity to do this you should take a careful look. They do tend to have a few exclusive offerings. No one has ever matched their first runs of the 2892/3's.

I don't have the time to search and I don't speak Japanese but it is a 47mm automatic and the caseback says titanium. It is possible they stopped selling it. If you point me in the direction of the Panerai section I will show you which one I am talking about. In truth if you are tending toward Rolexes this beast is most likely not for you.

update - my japanese friend has been exchanging emails with them for abt 3 weeks or so - they provided a bank account number and asked him to t/t the money there - my friend asked if one of the itrm is really a swiss movment - they nver responded afterwards

update - my japanese friend has been exchanging emails with them for abt 3 weeks or so - they provided a bank account number and asked him to t/t the money there - my friend asked if one of the itrm is really a swiss movment - they nver responded afterwards

I had a similar experience with Honpo. We exchanged a few emails, but when I asked a question, all communications (from Honpo's end) stopped. I would have loved to purchase the 3 Daytonas I posted above, but I do not think he is very reliable. Buyer beware.

If you want to go the other extreme as far as I know they are the only one offering a PAM 194 (47mm 1000m) with a titanium case. All the collector offerings are in SS. I do know at least 3-4 members including myself who would kill for that one. :) If you really have the opportunity to do this you should take a careful look.

Perhaps Kruzer and I could get a titanium PAM194 through you ;)

guys i would love to help if he does reply emails.

we were exchanging emails and everything - then he stopped - one thing that he did mention was he does goto China every 10days.

pls see my email with him see below (i deleted his email addy in case someone tries to buy things off him randomly in the future) his email however can be found in his website if you wish to do so (or you can also ask him via his website). i asked him if he accepts payal - he said he would meet me in person in HK - I asked him as to when exactly that he could meet or can he come on 10/7 - i then told him i could meet him there due to my job - but he gave me bank acc etc

お返事ありがとうございます。確認させていただきたいのですが、7月10日に直接受け取る事ができるということでしょうか。その際にはどのように商品の受け渡しをすればよろしいですか。時間、連絡先等の詳細をいただければ幸いです。

2008/7/7 エタヤ本舗 <exxa2008@gmail.com>:

こんにちわ 毎度お世話になります。

お返事遅くなりまして申し訳ございませんでした。

早速ですが

HKでしたら 10日一度 出ておりますので 手渡しOKです。

ご検討宜しくお願いします。

失礼します。

エタヤ本舗 etxxya2008@gmail.com

----- Original Message -----

To: エタヤ本舗

Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 7:39 PM

Subject: Re: お問合せありがとうございます

貴社の商品をPAYPALというWEBSITEを通じて購入することは可能でしょうか。

be careful, I was scammed over 500$ by Etaworldgoods who sold his products!

Here's a link to what happened to slay that I had filed.

I have no idea if this etaworldgoods character is still around as he was the representative for the English-speaking world. The personal details are probably all out of date now, if indeed they were real to begin with.

omfg... i just spoke with him.

i will be meeting him this sat

If you mean Honpo, you might suggest that he improve his customer service skills & contact the Admin to discuss his becoming a collector here. With roughly 13,000 rep buyers currently on board, it would be to everyone's benefit were he to make his wares available (on a reliable basis) to RWG members. I know I would be 1 of the 1st in line to purchase 1 of his 7750-powered asymmetrical 6239 Daytonas (pics on 1st page of this thread).